Chapter 18 - Talk and loving you

Misaki pov:

They all seemed to be hesitant and Neji, Lee and Tenten were watching confused. They looked from me to the others and I sighed. “Y-you will be kept under watch by lt Havoc, lt Furey and Officer Falman. Do n-not try to resist.”

I had to appreciate them for their courage. I closed my eyes and laughed as I shook my head from side to side. “Alright, you got me. Staying at my apartment is ok?” I asked and the colonel gave a stiff nod.

It was kinda funny, but we were escorted by the 3 of our watchdogs and we finally made it to my apartment. When we entered, I shrugged and held a hand out. “Well, make yourselves at home.” I said and I went and sat down with a sigh on the couch. I stretched and cracked my knuckles and the 3 soldiers flinched. Neji and Tenten sat down in front of me and looked at me.

“We need to get your wound treated.” Officer Falman said and I turned to them with a smile. “Don’t worry about me. Healing is another of my abilities.” I went into the bathroom and got changed into a fresh pair of clothes and came back to the living room. I plopped down on the couch and received stares of awe from the others in the room.

“Tsunade sama informed us of what is going on.” I nodded and rested my chin on my arms on my knees. I closed my eyes and shook my head. “Complicated huh?” Neji sighed and leaned back on the couch. “It was kept a secret quite well. Tsunade sama told us that you had gone off to work for a small village just outside Konoha. It was quite a well said cover up.”

I sweatdropped. “Sorry about that….but it couldn’t be helped.” “Ne….so who are the other 2 of the akatsuki here?” Tenten asked and I narrowed my eyes. “Sasori and Deidara.”

Neji gasped. “Sasori….you mean Sasori of the red sand?” I nodded and looked at the table. “Yeah….I heard about it just a few weeks ago. There were puppets seen around some areas….it had to be him.” I looked at Neji and noticed lt Furey flinch behind him. I took a deep breath and let it out through my nose. “Coming to the situation, I want the 2 of you to go to Dublith and find Sasori and Deidara.”

“Dublith?” Neji asked and I nodded. “It’s a city just south of this city. It should take you about a day and a half to get there by running. That was the last place puppets were sighted.” I said and pulled out a map of this world. I put it on the table and tapped the location of Dublith.

Neji and Tenten straightened up. “Understood.” “With your byakugan, you should be able to easily see the chakra strings and find Sasori’s actual location. With Tenten’s ability to fight short, medium and long distance skillfully, it will be an advantage while fighting Deidara who is mostly a long range fighter.” They both nodded. “I am the only one who can fight Itachi, and Lee’s flexibility and speed will be a good skill against Kisame.”

I blinked and looked around. “Speaking of which, where is Lee??” I asked and Tenten sighed. “He probably ran off to train somewhere.” She said in a helpless voice and I rolled my eyes. “I’ll go look for him.” I got up and the 3 soldiers stiffened while reaching to their gun pouches. I rolled my eyes again and looked at them. “I’m not going to fight. But I need to find Lee.”

They relaxed and Jean offered to go with me. I turned to Neji and Tenten. “Stay here and don’t give them any trouble. If you’re hungry, feel free to use the kitchen.” They nodded and Jean and I walked out of the apartment to the streets. I activated my sharingan and looked around. Since Lee didn’t have the ability to use ninjutsu or genjutsu, his chakra was a little more difficult for me to find.

When I found his location, I deactivated it and walked in the direction of his location. I reached him and raised an eyebrow amused. “4566, 4567, 4568….” “Lee….” I called and he paused his upside down push ups. “Misaki san!” He jumped and landed on his feet in front of me. Jean took a step back and I chuckled. “Training so late in the night….you’re working hard.” I commented and he gave me a thumbs up.