6. The Love For Finger Painting

Tuesday

Jamie Thompson

I awake from a wonderful dream of mason and I swinging on the swing sets at the park. Quickly, I get ready for school taking a shower and dressing. I run downstairs to go eat some breakfast. "Morning," I say grabbing a toast from the table.

"Good morning," My father and mother say. Father was sitting at the table reading the newspaper while my mom cooks breakfast.

"Jamie, you're going to miss the bus, it should be here in less than five minutes." Josh states drinking raw coffee. Aaron and Adrian were upstairs making a lot of noise.

"I woke up late?"

"Duh when don't you? Better hurry before it leaves without you." Josh grins, I nod heading out the door.

"Bye," I close the door behind me running across the street noticing Mason already waiting for the bus to get here. Cold wind hit me, freezing my body. Man, its cold outside and I forgot to take a sweater with me.

"Good morning," Mason says ever so sweetly. I smile getting all warm and fuzzy inside. Who needs a sweater, the power of love will warm me right up.

"Morning," I reply back seeing how cozy and warm he looked in that sweater. No the power of love is being over powered by the cold day.

"You look cold." Mason points out the obvious, he laughs unzipping his sweater. What was he doing? "Isn't it a good thing I told you I would bring my sweater

for you?" My cheeks began warming up. He hands me his sweater. I wanting more than anything to touch it and put it on, decline it.

"You'll be cold too," I shiver realizing that taking a shower this morning was a mistake. Mason rolls his eyes coming over towards me wrapping his sweater around me. I've never been so close to him before, my heart began rising. I've never noticed how some strands of his hair cover a little of his eyes. He was two inches taller than me, the perfect height for me. I look at him, gazing into his wonderful ocean eyes. He gazes down at me our eyes locking. The world stopped moving at this moment. In my imagination I saw him inch forward slightly.

"Jamie get in the freaken bus before I throw you in!" Josh shouts starling both of us. He moves away quickly as my brother stood there in our lawn with his arms crossed.

"Have a great day." Adrian calls with a huge grin on his face.

"Bye, Jamie-Bear, have fun today!" Aaron smiles pulling Josh back inside the house, but Josh being as stubborn as he is pushed him away and continued glaring at Mason. The bus honks bringing me back to reality. Mason was the first to recover and stepped inside the bus. I followed him; he sits down and pulls me with him.

"It gets pretty boring if you sit by yourself." Mason smiles a smile I've never seen before. My body melted away at such a beautiful smile. He laughs, "Are you okay?" I blush nodding. More than just ok, this just became the best day ever and it was barely just beginning. How did I ever get so lucky?

"For a second there I thought your brother Josh was going to attack me." Mason says nervously, I giggle in response.

"You're afraid of him?" I question in amusement.

"Tss no, more like terrified of him." Mason and I both laugh together. "It's pretty funny though because my sister loves him, she's not afraid of him." He blurts out. This was all news to my ears. I've seen his sister before; I think she's really beautiful. It's a bummer that Josh already has a girlfriend. He really likes her too, he doesn't say it but he doesn't have too.

"It's too bad my brother is already dating someone." I reply, saddened somehow. I felt sorry for his sister, it was just like Mason and I.

"Well that does suck, but I guess she'll get over it."