4. The Old Geezer And The Bazookas

Mason Maine

"Is it just me or does Mathew seems angry for some reason?" It's because of that annoying girl that he's angry at me; it's not my fault that's the truth. Mathew's never been so enraged at me like this. Kristin is right about her and all her rumors, she's bad news. "Babe, are you even listening to me? You're thinking about Jamie aren't you?"

"Yeah," I admit, "of how all those rumors of her are so true. Poor Mathew, he can't seem to open his eyes to see her for what she truly is." I spit angry now, if it wasn't for her Mathew wouldn't be furious at me about that silly comment.

"Maybe you should tell him, I mean he is your best friend. I don't want him to be hurt. I don't want your friendship to be messed up just because of Jamie." Kristin smiles up at me. She's the nicest person I ever met, so caring and doesn't hate. I wish Jamie could be more like her so Mathew may actually have a shot at dating Jamie.

"I've tried already; he's angry at me because of it. We had a fight in fourth period. I've never seen him so furious at me like that." He chose her over me, his best friend over a girl. How could he, I'm his buddy, I'd never hurt him. He hasn't been hanging out with me lately, ever since Kristin and I first started dating. At first I thought that he was just giving us some space but now I think he's just jealous of me because I got a girl and he doesn't.

"Oh, that's terrible. I wish there was something I could do to help you two get back to being best friends." She says sincerely. Aw, adorable, she's always so caring to me. I don't need anyone, just her.

"Don't worry about it, he'll forget and we'll become friends again. Just like the old days." I soothe hoping it'd be that easy.

"That'd be great." She smiles up at me.

"Oh, so what time do I pick you up for the graduation dance?" I completely forgot about it. I decided to go, might as well. This only happens once in my life time, an eighth grade dance. Kristin seemed abashed at first, I chuckle.

"Really, we're going?" She smiles brightly hugging me warmly.

"Sure I don't see why not." I respond not revealing my real motives behind this.

"I thought you said it was overrated?" She grins getting her way this time.

"Yes it still is, but I won't miss this chance to take you to the dance." I smile one of my to die for smiles. Actually, now that I think about it, only my family have seen my to die for smile. It makes me sound so conceited. The bell rings and we head back to class from lunch. There were only three classes left for the day. I couldn't wait till sixth period where I'll see Mathew. If I'm lucky enough I'll see him cooled off from the fight we had. "I'll see you later Kristin."

"Bye," she replies leaving me. It sucks that I have absolutely no classes with Kristin after lunch. I take a sit and space out the rest of the class period, having absolutely no one to speak too. This is one of my worst classes ever. The bell rings releasing us towards our next class, the class I have with Mathew. I walk quickly, egger to apologize to him. I walk in spotting him on the seat next to mine. He wasn't looking at me at all. I sigh, sitting down next to him.

"Hey," I greet him only to receive no answer back. He's still cranky I suppose it was my fault. "I'm sorry and I take back what I said about Jamie. I was only joking but that was not nice even for me. It was so uncalled for and I don't want to lose my best friend because I wasn't thinking straight, my bad." There was no point in me apologizing; he didn't even look up when I said my sorry speech. Man, I hate this very much.

"I'll forgive you this time, the next time you say something or do something rude in any way towards Jamie; I'll beat the cheese out of you." Mathew states serious as can be. I grin uncontrollably. He's never uses bad language, its hilarious when instead of the bad words he replaces them with foods. Like one time he fell while playing basketball and instead of saying crap he said donuts. Ha it was pretty funny. I've only heard him say asshole once in my entire life. Yes, it was shocking when he said it, but also amazing nothing I expected it to be.