2. A Dancing Pig Skin

Mason Maine

Jamie Thompson. The hottest girl in middle school, coming in second hot is Kristin Brent, my lovely girlfriend. I don't really know why someone in her 'ranks', as people call it, would date someone like me, Mason Maine. We've been dating for a month now since the day she asked me out. Imagine the surprise I got when a beautiful girl came up to me one day asking me to be her boyfriend. I stood there dumbstruck for what seemed forever until I said 'sure'. Who says 'sure' nowadays? Only me apparently. She's my first girlfriend, my first love, and the first person I've kissed. Kristin probably has more experience than me on this and also Jamie, who's always sweet and kind to everyone except me. I think it was because of the third grade incident. Mrs. Shelby took us outside for an environmental project on a Thursday to change things up instead of just working on our workbooks for science. We were being paired up with assigned partners and I got to be Jamie's environmental partner. She was even cute back then too. Me and her finished our project first and sat down to cool off in the shade from the burning sun. We were talking about our siblings. She stood up wanting to go drink some water when her jeans tore. I took off my sweater and handed it to her. My mom always used to send me with a sweater just in case it's cold in the mornings. It used to be so embarrassing. I still even have that sweater; my mom never throws away anything. I told her I wouldn't tell anyone since I kind of felt bad for her when Blake would tease her, he's such an ass sometimes. She stayed away from me for five years, always avoiding eye contact and getting nervous around me. She probably thinks I'll tell the whole world what happened five years ago in third grade. All I wanted was to be friends because I figured it be awesome if I had a bus buddy since she lives across the street from me, but I guess that was too much to ask for.

I take out my book for science class. Feeling a hand slip on mine, I grin automatically turning to face my brilliant girl. "Hey," I whisper kissing her soft pink lips. "Good morning, Kristin." She smiles mischievously, giving in I kiss her some more.

"Where's Matt today?" She asks looking around curiously. I don't really know. Matthew's my best friend, he has a huge crush on Jamie but is too freaking shy to ask her to the dance this Friday. "Is he even here today?"

"I don't really know, why?" I ask gazing into her blue eyes, I despise blue it's overrated. I've had people in the past ask me out just because my eyes where blue, annoyed I denied them, all of them.

"I'm trying to help him hookup with Jamie for Saturday night. I heard she still hasn't accepted anyone from all those invitations she's gotten. Man, she likes playing with people's feelings." Kristin says in grieve. "I want to be her friend but she's too mean to people. I heard she dated a high scholar. I don't understand why Matt has a crush on such an ugly person inside."

"Yeah I hate that about people. Using their looks to get whatever they want, it's sick." I glace at Jamie who was smiling kindly at Blake. I don't understand why, in grade school he would always pick on her and one time even made her cry, yet there she is flirting with that ass. I pull Kristin away in disgust. She's such a slut.

"Are you ok? You seem kind of angry at something." She comments worried. Kristin looks so cute when she's worried about me. I smile at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." I reply leaning in to kiss her being interrupted by the annoying bell. I walk her to class.

"So...about the dance. I totally understand if you still think it's overrated, but let me know if you change your mind." She smiles kissing my cheek. "See you in third." She says walking into class. I sigh walking myself to class. What's so special about a graduation dance? I mean it's not like we're graduating high school and heading off to college. It's middle school for crying out loud, we still have four long years ahead of us. On top of that I'd have to wear an itchy, hot, tux in an already claustrophobic room causing body heat. My older sister would have to take me and Kristin there and she'll be saying embarrassing things and annoying the brains out of me. I wouldn't mind seeing Kristin in a dress though, and for amusement I could have a kick out of guessing who Jamie chooses as her date. Ten bucks, I say Blake Lofton, fifteen bucks, I say she won't be there with just one guy.