All Clear

Red Team Troop Medical Clinic
Fort Hood, Texas
CONUS
Monday
23 December, 1991
1022 Hours

The doctor came into the small room, holding my chart. He looked at me, smiled, and sat down on the chair. I was wearing one of those stupid paper robes, my clothing folded up and set on the counter, my boots on the floor.

"Your blood levels look good, your kidney function looks good, and we have your result from eye and ear examine," He told me brightly. He glanced at the chart again. "No change to either of those," He stood up, moving in front of me and pulling out his penlight. "Open your mouth please."

I went "Ahhh" and he shined his light in my mouth, reaching in with a tongue depressor to push at my teeth.

"The implants are looking good. Gum regrowth is good, the screws have set nicely," he said, "Minimal scarring on the tongue. Tilt your head back," He told me. I did so and he shined his light up my nose, "Sinus cavity looks good."

He sat back and I looked at him.

"Still highly light sensitive I see," He told me. I just nodded. "And nobody's been able to figure out what's with the purple phosphorescence luminence or how it happened."

He sounded a little offended at that. I just shrugged.

He checked my ears, again. "Some scarring on the ear drums," he said. "Consistent with exposure to explosions," I nodded and he held my head still. "Your ears look good."

He stepped back then lifted the stirrups into position. I sighed, setting my feet on them.

"I showered and washed it before I came in," I told him.

He nodded. "Thank you, it makes spotting any unusual discharge easy," he said, flipping my gown to the side. "Are you sexually active?"

"Recently. Use both condoms and oral contraceptive," I told him.

"Good, good," he said, "Too many people use one or the other but not both. Any complaints?" He asked me.

"No," I told him.

"Well, it looks like these stitches are ready to come out. I figured as much," He said. "Do you want a local?"

"No, just be careful," I said. "I'll try not to react."

He just nodded, picking up the clamp and the scalpel. When he cut the stitches and pulled them through with the clamp I shivered as the thread rubbed across my little button. At least I didn't moan or anything like that.

"Going to put a little cream on it, it'll help it heal up nicely," He told me. I just grunted and waited. The cream was cold, probably something antibacterial.

"These little scabs, any debris in them?" He asked me, tapping on my thighs.

"You'd need an X-Ray to tell, and it probably isn't worth digging out," I told him honestly. "It doesn't bother me."

"How are your hips?" He asked me.

"Strangely better now that I'm sexually active," I told him honestly.

He nodded, scooting back, "Not surprising," he said. "It'd stretch the ligaments and tendons, work the muscles, and flex the pelvic cradle."

"So, continue with previous action?" I smiled as I sat up.

"You're in remarkable physical condition," he said. "May I ask why you keep yourself to such standards?"

I nodded. "I needed to be able to carry a two-hundred pound casualty up a hill to the helipad if necessary, as well as lift heavy material all day," I told him. "I've always been a rather big girl, but the military values it where the civilians in my life outside my Grammy always ridiculed it."