Failure

Charlie Company Operations Office
Fort Hood, Texas
CONUS
20 September, 1991
1000 Hours

I slammed the weapon back into the rack, turning and staring at the Armorer, a black guy who there was no way he was passing the weight/height test, and curling my lip in disgust. Captain Jane sat in a chain next to the door, her legs primly crossed and her hands folded on her knee. Donovan stood next to me, holding my plastic folder and my hat. My BDU top was folded on a chair in Captain Jane's office, the company office sweltering hot to me at a steamy 76 degrees. Of course, the humidity from the rain didn't help either. I could feel the sweat dripping down my back and between/under my fat tits.

"You have failed this inspection," I snapped at the Armorer, one SPC Malik Davis, born 06 February 1969, blood type A positive, minor allergy to shellfish.

"What? Why?" He looked outraged. "They're clean!" His voice went up and he stepped toward me, seeming to forget he was only about five foot eight and I probably outweighed him by twenty pounds. "You looked at them and saw they're clean!"

I raised an eyebrow, stepped forward and staring down at him coolly. It only took a second for him to step back.

"Why the fuck are you failing me, goddamn it?" He asked, his voice still raised.

"Specialist," I warned, my voice nice and even.

"What?" He snapped. Personally, I couldn't believe he thought he could get away with talking to me like that, and I wasn't sure if it was because he was that egocentric, or if it was because I was female, or if it was because I was white.

"If you do not moderate your tone and language, I will personally take offense, and you will not enjoy that," I warned him.

"Oh, what, you gonna write me up?" He sneered.

I looked at Captain Jane, raising my eyebrow. She shrugged and pointedly looked away.

"You will not like what I chose to do, Specialist. You may find it embarrassing."

"Like I'm afraid of some fat white bitch," He snapped, his self-preservation instinct completely failing as he grabbed my arm.

I looked SPC Davis in the eyes. "If you do not release me, I will break your left arm."

He sneered, twisting his hand, obviously thinking it was going to hurt me as his grip tightened. I flexed my muscle, and his eyes widened as the twist to his hand didn't do anything and he felt my biceps expand under his grip.

I grabbed his wrist, putting some power into the grip. His eyes widened even further and he sagged, grabbing my wrist, as I kept squeezing. I felt the bones of his wrist grind together, saw his flesh deform and darken. "You see, Specialist, I have no concern about any power you think you might have. I do not concern myself with the opinion of a self-important enlisted man who has served in the same position for four years, in the same unit, managed to attach himself to the Battalion Rear Detachment during a conflict, and has not passed a single APFT or rifle range since Basic Training."

I smiled down at him. "As Training Officer, the CO has allowed me to reorganize the TO&E, subject to her approval," My grin got bigger as I let him go.

He stood up. "So fucking what?" He asked.

"You are hereby relieved of duty as Armorer. Turn in your keys," I held out my hand. "As your MOS is a POL Specialist, you will immediately report to Master Sergeant Prager, who will be expecting you. From here on out, you are assigned to the Motor Pool."

He looked at the CO, his dark skin going ashen.

"You heard the Chief, Specialist," She snapped.