I Will Survive

Room 275
Barracks Area
15th Forward Support Battalion Area
Fort Hood, Texas
CONUS
08 February, 1992 - Saturday
0900 Hours

The room reeked of sex, even though I'd opened the window when I'd woken up a few minutes prior. I'd lit a cigarette and that was easing away the smell as long as I kept my legs together so my well plowed and still heated crotch didn't add to the smell. I liked the smell, to be honest, but being in the barracks always seemed a little weird to lay around and enjoy the after-effects of a good spine crackling sex.

One thing I'd suppressed for a lot of my life was sheer sensuality. I loved the feel of silk against my skin, the taste of rich food, the feel of sweat slickened skin against skin, the smell of cut grass, all of it. I largely denied it, denied myself, in order to stay focused.

But here, at Cav, at Fort Hood, I could indulge in some things.

Especially with Chuck.

That was one thing that made it so hard to resist the lure of alcohol. I loved all of it. The taste, the bite, that feel of the ice and the tingling feeling of soda on my tongue.

Like now, I could practically taste it.

I took a drag off of my cigarette to help push away the memory of the taste.

I'd slept, Chuck and I fell asleep about 2300 hours. I'd taken my meds, but I was stressed, worried. I'd laid next to Chuck, staring at the ceiling when I woke up at zero-eight according to my brass windup alarm clock.

I'd forgotten to have him wear a condom.

What the hell had I been thinking?

To top it off, when Chuck had woken up, the first words out of his mouth had been "I love you" as he kissed my neck. My brain had shut off, my insides going gooey. I'd kissed him hungrily, pulling him on top of me. I'd helped him between my legs, guiding him in, not even thinking again as I held him close as we had made love, slow and gentle.

I came, hard, when he emptied out inside of me.

I'd made excuses to get him out of my room, then walked over to stand in the window and watch him leave.

The wind was cold, feeling good against my hot skin, as it blew in through the open window.

I felt a dollop of his semen ooze out from inside me and down the inside of my thigh.

what the hell were you thinking? Not even just once, you did it again as soon as the two of you woke up, you doofy cow

Angry, I turned away from the window, putting out my cigarette and grabbing my pack of cigarettes. I opened it and stared.

Empty.

Growling, I crumpled the pack in my fist and threw it in the garbage can before checking my three-drawer chest.

The carton was empty.

I checked the freezer of my small mini-fridge.

Nothing.

Dammit.

Still growling I moved over to my wall locker, practically snatching it open, grabbing my workout shorts and a T-shirt, pulling them onto my sweaty skin. I headed out of my room, moving down to Stillwater's room.

Yeah, I was angry, and that's why I kind of hammered on his door. There was no answer and I hammered on it again.

Nothing.

you left him at the club, you dumb cow

Remembering that he'd been walking out of the club with someone I shook my head, walking back to my room. I'd have to get dressed and go to the Shoppette to buy more cigarettes. My shoulders slumped as I grabbed my doorknob and twisted.