Exposed

~Carlos POV~

"Thanks for taking me out, it was truly... special," I tell Ben as we stop in front of the door that leads to my room.

"I'm just glad I could make you smile," He says and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight, Carlos." He then walks away and I sigh, I really wish I could've spent more time with him.

I take out my key and put it in the slot and get ready to turn it when I'm attacked by a wild Evie. She starts to screech happily and has a huge smile on her face.

"Evie! Oh my goodness, I thought I was being attacked!" I yell at her and she just smiles in amusement.

"Come on! Mal and I want to know how your date with Mr. Beast went! Mal because obviously the plan, but I personally kinda ship you guys." Evie said as she kept pulling me towards her room and I stopped and looked at her confused.

"Ship?" I ask sounding weirded out because, well I was. What does ship even mean? Like are we going on a cruise?

"You know, relation(ship)?" She put an accent on the ship and I just kept looking at her confused. "I think you and Ben would make a cute couple. There is that simple enough for you?" I just laugh but I quickly remember I'm supposed to be the 'uncomfortable straight guy' and quickly stop.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's never gonna happen. I'm straight, remember?" I ask rhetorically and she rolls her eyes. We make it to her room and Mal is there waiting with the book and she sighs when she sees me.

"Finally, your date lasted for so long! What happened? Did he invite you to be with him during his coronation? Did-"

"Did you kiss him?" Evie asks with a smile on her face interrupting Mal. I just look at Mal, trying to get her to change the subject back to the plan and she shrugs.

"Well, did you? I mean, if we want to get you to that coronation we need to use everything we've got." She says nonchalantly and I sigh.

"Uhm, no. I-I didn't kiss him." I stutter out nervously, god this was kind of embarrassing, I wish they hadn't asked me that.

"Boo! Why not??" Evie asked, antsy in her seat. Man, she really does ship Ben and me, I hope I'm using that term correctly. But what am I gonna say? I can't tell them why I really didn't kiss him!

"Well... uhm...because-"

"Because he's his true love!" Jay shouts, bursting through the door and my eyes go HUGE. How did he know?! This can't be happening right now!

"What!?" Mal and Evie shout at the same time and they both look at me.

"Jay, w-what are you talking about??" I ask, pretending to be clueless.

"That paper," He said directly at me and my heart started beating faster. Oh no the paper! I thought I took that and hid it?! Jay turned towards the other two and held up the piece of paper we discovered in the spell book. "That paper tells us why the spell didn't work-"

"Because Carlos and Ben shared a connection, we know this already." Mal states.

"But that isn't the truth!" Both Evie and Mal look at Jay confused and my breathing starts getting faster. He throws the paper on the table and continues to talk. "The paper says if the potion doesn't work on the distributor of the cookie, it's because the receiver of the cookie has met their true love." Why am I not stopping him? Do I want this to be the way I come out to my friends? What if I don't want him to stop? That's it! I'm taking control of this, I am not going to be pushed out of the closet.

I stand up and Jay closes his mouth and I turn towards Evie and Mal.

"The cookie then continues to say that...the potion will in a way make the person fall in love with their true love if they haven't yet. So in a shorter version of that..." I sigh, I guess this is it. "Because Ben and I are each other's true love, the potion's effects bounced from Mal to me." Mal and Evie both looked shocked. Oh, I shouldn't have done that! This will get in the way of everything! I don't want to hold my friends back because of this stupid thing.

"Well, this should be interesting." I heard Evie say under her breath and I chuckle, when I look at Mal, she looks really upset.

"Mal?" I ask silently and she looks up at me and her eyes glow green.

"Do you realize what's going to happen now?!" She groaned at me and I started to breathe fast again. "Because of this, you'll hold back! Even when the potion is done and my mother has taken over the world, you'll hold back because of him!"

"Mal, this doesn't change anything! I'll-"

"This changes everything, Carlos!" She yells and I go silent. I look back up at her and her eyes go back to normal and she evens out her breathing.

"I'll continue to go with the plan, I'll get an invitation to be next to Ben during his coronation and I'll make sure to get that wand. Whatever it takes to prove to you that I won't hold back I'll do it." she looks like she's about to say something but doesn't.

"Carlos, I'm not mad because you found out your each other's true love," I look at her confused.

"You're not?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, I'm mad because even though we grew up hating love, it still exists and it's the complete opposite of evil. Love makes us weak and you believe in it which, no matter how much you say it won't, will make you weaker." She says and I look down. I can't have her looking at me this way, as weaker, I won't. That's when I made the executive decision to completely shut my feelings off. It was going to be hard for sure but it was something I was going to need to do.

"Who said I believed in love? Love is for sad saps and preppy Auradon kids, which we're not! We are no good, evil, villain kids and nothing will stop us from taking over the world." I say suddenly angry. This whole stupid Ben thing has blinded me this entire time from what the actual goal was.

I wasn't going to let some stupid emotion get in the way of what is really important. When I take over the world with the other 3, I could have anyone I want! Screw Ben! I'm done debating what I am. I already know what I am.

I am evil.

~~

Ahhh I'm so sorry I didn't upload yesterday! I was out until about 11 and I crashed the moment I got home and I didn't even write this chapter! Anyway, here this chapter is! Thank you guys so much for over 200 reads! I think it was a chapter or 2 ago and I was thanking you guys for 100 reads and now I'm close to 300 I can't believe this! Anyway, Omg Carlos is going back to his evil side! I feel like I need to explore that route more, I've built him up as so nice, he needs an evil streak. Stay tuned for chapter 9 and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! BYE!
~Nickie~