Scheming

Carlos' POV

After Ben had shown us to our room there was an awkward pause between the two of us once again but luckily for me, he was dragged away by Audrey. His girlfriend. Soon after that, Jay and I started unpacking our bags and looking around the room. Our room was pretty large, I'd say more like a large dorm room. It had the normal things like beds, desk, and of course windows and lamps. But it also had the luxuries like a tv, a gaming system, a 3D printer and more stuff like that.

After we finished packing I checked out the gaming system and noticed an interactive game where you fight and kill zombies. I started playing and I guess I got lost in it 'cause the next thing you know Mal and Evie come in and it's night time. I over heard Mal ask Jay what he was doing but after that, I kinda zoned out.

"Jay, come check this thing out man, it's awesome!" I say as I leave the world of the video game and put myself back in reality. I hand Jay the two tubes I was he immediately starts to swing them, fighting whatever was on the screen.

"Guys!" Mal yelled from behind all of us. Evie and I turned to face her, but Jay was still into the game, but you could tell he was listening. "Do I need to remind you what we're all here for?!" She says frustrated.

"Fairy God Mother! Blah blah blah!" Jay yells as he turns towards Mal for a second before going back to the game. "Magic Wand! Blah blah blah!" He finishes. I chuckle and Evie laughs aloud. I looked over at Mal, I could tell she was upset.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents!" Suddenly everything stopped. Evie's smile fell, Jay stopped playing the game, and I fully turned to Mal. "To prove that we are evil and vicious. and ruthless and cruel!" We all nodded our heads slowly in agreement.

We quickly started planning on what we should do. Evie took the magic mirror her mother had given her and we used it to find the magic wand. "It's in the library!" I shout out and we all look at the time. 11:30.

"It's closed," Evie said, failure lingering in her voice.

"All the more reason to go," Jay stated. "If it were open, there would be people there and there's no doubt that someone would figure out what we're doing."

Knock Knock Knock

We all looked up at the door then at each other and Evie quickly put all the contents that lay on the table under our covers.

Knock Knock Knock

"Is no one gonna answer the door?" Jay whisper yells while he helps Evie hid all the contents he's stolen.

Mal quickly got up and walked over to the door. She looked through the peep hole and turned back and looked at us with a weird expression.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Ben." She opens the door and he looks taken aback when he sees it's Mal that opened the door and not me or Jay.

"Oh, hello!" He said with a small smile on his face but confusion evident in his voice. "It's a good thing you're all here anyway, I have good news! I just got confirmation that you all are invited my coronation." We all look at him weirdly and his face turns from a smile to worry. "Oh my goodness, that sounded like I'm being self centered. I'm so sorry."

"Wait, so we weren't invited before?" Mal said, trying to make feel even worse than he already did and his face went pale from fear.

"w-well I-I-... I mean of cou...." He was flustered and I could tell Mal was enjoying her little game.

"She's just having a laugh!" I quickly cut him off. His face noticeably took a relaxed expression and he let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, she likes to do that a lot."

"Okay well," He looks at Mal. "Thanks for the heart attack and I'll see you guys in class tomorrow!" He says right before walking out of the room and Mal looks at me confused.

"Why'd you have to ruin my fun?" She whines. I couldn't tell her that I was feeling some type of way for Ben so I quickly used the plan to lie to her.

"Don't you think we're going to be torturing him enough when your mom takes over the world?" She nodded in agreement and smiled. Through my peripheral vision, I noticed Jay eyeing me weirdly and I quickly grew uncomfortable.

Soon after Ben left we all started scheming, deciding when, where, and how we were going to get the wand.

~2 Hours Later~

"Okay you guys, we'll talk more about this tomorrow. See ya." Those were the last things Mal said before she and Evie left mine and Jay's room.

I quickly brushed my teeth and took a shower. I decided to change into some basketball shorts and comfortable gray undershirt to wear to sleep.

"Ya know, you're a horrible liar," Jay says as I'm getting into my bed.

"What do you mean?" I ask shutting my lamp off, leaving the room dark. He looked over at me from his bed and only chuckled.

"Carlos, do you think I'm dumb?" He asks rhetorically with humor in his voice.

"Jay, I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about." I lied, I knew he was talking about Ben. Like I said before, I'm a horrible liar.

"At one point in time, I was on the receiving end of your feelings." He says and my face went red. Luckily for me, it was dark in the room or else he would've immediately known I was lying. "I know it's been a while but I can still see all your tell-tell signs when you have a crush."

"Jay-"

"Carlos stop lying. I know you think you have feelings towards Ben." He said cutting me off. I sighed seeing that there was no way out. But it never hurts to try a little harder to convince him.

"But we just met, it's not like I could have feelings for someone I've talked to only twice," I say and he snorts, actually snorts!

"Do you know where we live?? Cinderella danced with Prince Charming once and he decided he needed to marry her, Aurora didn't meet her true love until they had already kissed! We live in a world where fairy-tails are real!" He says, encouraging me. Suddenly I heard rustling from his side of the room, then I felt a dip in my bed from weight being put on it.

I sat up and looked at him and he looked back at me with a comforting smile.

"You just need to admit it to yourself, I'm tired of seeing you always put your feelings to the side," Jay said. He was right though, I always push my feelings away no matter what. I had tons of crushes back on the Isle, but because I wasn't out I never acted on anything.

"Well, I can't this time, seriously. We're here to take over the world we can't afford any distractions, especially feelings. Plus, he has a girlfriend, I never had a chance anyway." I stated, it came out more sad than I had intended, yikes!

He looked at me sadly and he pulled me into a hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around his body, not wanting to miss this opportunity. I loved hugs or any act of affection like this, the other three were raised without it, so they didn't really like to often. But my mom hugged me a couple of times during my life and I was hooked.

But they still knew the value of a hug. They knew that it was that stress reliever that was there when you couldn't find the right words or you couldn't say the right thing. After a minute or two, he pulled away and gave me a smile. He pat my knee before getting up and going back to his bed and getting under his covers.

"Goodnight, Carlos." He said in a sleepy tone.

"Goodnight."

~~

The second chapter's here yay!! This chapter was hard to write for some reason omg. But I did it and i'm not sure how I feel about it but I'm just gonna publish it, that's how I do things. Don't forget to COMMENT SHARE AND VOTE so other people can get a chance to read this story! Until next time, bye!!

~Nickie~