Connection

I think this is where I'm going to start straying from the movie and start doing my own thing. Enjoy!

Carlos POV

"Wow, Mal you're really good at this!" Jay said from the desk me and him were sharing.

"Yeah, how do you keep getting them all right?" Evie asked Mal, kind of surprised.

"Easy. I just choose the one that sounds the most boring and it's usually it." Mal said nonchalantly. (A/N usually I have the movie to refer to for this story but right now my wifi isn't the best so I can't stream it and I'm not 100% sure if this scene took place before or after Mal gave Ben the cookie so let's just act like it's before)

Knock Knock Knock

We all turn our head towards the door and see Ben standing in the middle of it looking like he felt bad for interrupting.

"Oh prince Ben! What can we do for you?" Fairy God Mother ask in her perky tone and he smiles.

"Uhm I was actually hoping I can borrow a couple of your students for just a minute?" He asks sweetly and my heart flutters from hearing how sweetly he speaks.

"Oh of course! Take whoever you like!" She responded and he smiled with a silent thank you. He turned towards Jay and I's table and my heart beat picked up. Oh no! Please don't pick me.

"Jay, Carlos? Can I talk to you guys for a sec?" He asks and Jay gets up quickly and I nod slowly and follow Jay's actions. We walk out of the class room and Ben turned to the both of us.

"So what's up princey?" Jay asks in his noncaring attitude way and the nick name make Ben's cheeks turn red. The ones on his face of course!

"Uhm it's just that I saw you two at your gym class earlier yesterday. You guys were doing little Tourney tournament. You two are really good, I wanted to know if you two wanted a spot on the team?" He asks us. Jay and I look at each other for a second, almost like we were sharing thought telepathically.

"Is that allowed? I mean you guys had a full team before we got here, aren't we kinda gonna be making two people bench? Or worse, we'll be on the bench." I say the last part more to myself but still loud enough for the two of them to hear.

"Well, I am the captain and not to mention the son of the king so I'm pretty sure it's allowed." He chuckled out and we all started laughing.

"Well, I'm in!" Jay blurted out and they both looked at me expectantly.

Let me weigh out my options here. Focus on the plan to get the wand so Maleficent can take over the world and leave us to rot, or have some fun for the short period of time while I'm here AND spend more time with Ben. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

"Okay, I'll do it too!" I said with a smile on my face and his eyes lit up.

"Okay cool! Practice starts 30 minutes after the final bell! I'll see you guys then!" With that, he took off down the hallway. Jay looked at me with an "I get you" look.

"What?" I ask with a blush quickly creeping onto my face.

"Nothing." He says with a cool accent behind it, almost too cool.

"Okay then," I said and prayed he left me off the hook.

"I'm just trying to see how long it takes for you to realize that you'll be seeing your boyfriend on a daily basis now." He said laughing hard after he finishes his sentence and I go as red as an apple.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I whisper yell then start laughing right along with him.

~~After Practice~~