Plan in Motion

~Carlos' POV~

"Okay is everyone ready?" Mal asked us all and we nodded. We weren't exactly sure how the potion was going to work, we didn't know if it was going to knock him out and then he would wake up and be in love with Mal or what. We had assigned certain spots we would be in just in case something like that happened so no one seemed suspicious.

"Okay! Go get him to fall for you!" Evie encouraged Mal and Mal only smiled and rushed to her locker where Ben was meeting her. I kinda rolled my eyes at this, the thought of Ben falling in love with Mal kinda upset me, even if it was just because of a spell.

"Hey, you good man?" Jay asked after he slightly punched me on the shoulder. I guess he could see I was kinda uneasy about this. I just looked up at him and nodded with a smile.

"Uhm yeah, whatever it takes to get the wand, right?" I said and he looked at me with concerned eyes for a second before he nodded in agreement. He went to the other side of the hallway and I waited behind a wall of lockers while Evie went to talk to Lonnie, trying to blend in. The plan was when I saw that Ben was given the cookie I would walk past them just in case something happened, and if it did the other two would be nearby for help.

I waited for another 5 minutes behind the wall of lockers and I looked around the corner and I saw Mal hand Ben the cookie and I started walking. I walked casually and I was about 20 feet away when Ben ate the cookie, and when I noticed he wasn't going to pass out or anything I turned around quickly and made my way to Evie.

"Hey, so did she do it?" Evie asked and I nodded. Mal then came up to us shortly after that.

"Where's Ben?" Jay asked, popping up out of nowhere.

"I don't know, I gave him the cookie and he ate it. Then he started acting really weird and then just said he needed to go, It worked though, I could see the magic glow wipe over his entire body." She informed us and we all were confused.

"Should we go find him?" I asked and she just shrugged.

"I don't know, I don't think the book said anything about this." She said pulling the book out of her back pocket. I grabbed it and flipped to the page with the cookie recipe on it and read through it. She was right, nothing about the person acting weird.

"Hmm, strange," I say handing her back the spell book.

"Just in case it didn't work, let's go back to our room and try to come up with a backup plan," Mal said and we all nodded and went to her and Evie's room.

~In Mal and Evie's room~

"Okay so I think there is one spell that I can think of that might work, but I don't think I'm that advanced in my magic for it," Mal said as she sat her magic spell book on the table and we all looked at her expectantly. "It's a mind control spell, It's very advanced and it takes a lot of power, most of which I don't have." We all groan. Mal has only been able to use her magic in the short time we've been here, the Isle was magic proof.

I looked over at the clock and it read 5:00 pm, hmm that's weird. I feel like I had something to do around this time. I was trying to figure out a way for us to steal that stupid wand and I walked over to the window. Ugh, why am I even doing this? I really like it here! I like having more than three friends and not having to watch my back wherever I go. I liked having the comfortable sheets on my bed and all the nice things.

"Carlos, are you okay?" Evie asked and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Oh uhm yeah," I say trying to come up with a good excuse when I suddenly see Audrey outside talking to Chad and an idea popped in my head. "I was just thinking about how we can steal the wand."