Chapter 25

Jade POV

I dribbled the ball halfway down the court before I passed it to Derrika.

"I'm open!" Zoe screamed. Derricka passed it to her. Zoe ran up towards the net and hit a perfect lay up.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Our coach, Mrs. Rogers yelled.

"Chill Mrs. Rogers. This is only Spring training." I laughed.

"Half of us won't be here next year because we are seniorssss." Zoe said happily. I rolled my eyes and pealed my Jordan crop top off leaving me in my Nike bra.

"Looking mighty fat there. You should tighten up." Tia teased as she dribbled the ball in my face.

"Girl ain't nothing fat but my ass." I stole the ball and crossed that bitch. I dunked it like I was Jordan's daughter.

"Now what?!" I threw my hands up at Tia. She nodded and clapped.

We heard the gym doors open and in walked Drew holding Carter. The team went crazy over Carter. They all ran over to her to go spoil her. I was the only one left on the court now.

"Jade I need to talk to you." Coach Rogers called.

Shit

I walked over to the bench and sat beside her. Last time she needed to talk to somebody she cut them from the team. My hands became sweaty and I couldn't sit still.

"You know the team is in your hands once Zoe and Derricka leaves." She said.

"And I swear I would make this team work harder and play harder." I said.

"You don't plan on having anymore babies do you?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Not to be ungrateful but this one wasn't planned coach." I knew the process of making her was the worst time of my life. But once I saw those brown eyes I couldn't help but fall for her.

"I mean you are only a sophomore and you have a baby. I hope your schedule won't be full when the season start back." She said.

I looked over and saw Zoe holding her and saying sweet things to her. Drew tried to take her from Zoe but she kept pushing him back.

"Be careful with my baby!" I called. Zoe gave me the thumbs up.

"Work harder Jade. I promise it will pay off in a long run." She told me. For some reason that went in one ear and out the other. I'm as good as it gets at what I do. You ain't gone find no boss like me! Able to have a baby and jump right back on the court in perfect shape.

"Okay coach." I simply said. I stood up and grabbed my duffel and put my things in it.

I walked over and saw Drew finally had her.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Waitttt. I'm going with y'all." Zoe yelled. She ran over to us with her things.

"No you not! You had a stinky attitude this morning so you gone walk yo ass home." Drew told her.

"She surely did." I crossed my arms sassily.

"It's personal." She said.

"Well let that walk home be personal." Drew told her. And with that note we left. We got in his whip and swerved off. Carter sat in her carrier in the backseat strapped down.

"I love you man." I smiled over at Drew.

"Why you saying this out of nowhere?" He asked.

"Because I don't know no nigga that is willing to take care of somebody else's baby." I admitted. He chuckled lightly.