Chapter 15

Jade POV

I woke up quickly holding my head. Did I have a dream about having a dream?! I looked around and saw I was in the hospital. Machines were beeping and I couldn't feel a thing.

"Ahhh!" I screamed as a sharp pain came into my leg. The nurses and Percy quickly ran into the room.

"My leg!" I cried out. Percy tried giving me soothing words but I wasn't trying to hear that.

The nurse pulled the white sheets off of me and that's when I saw it. My leg had a scar from my hip to my ankle, and it was deep. I could see the white meet in the cut.

"Why the fuck y'all ain't stitch it up yet?!" Percy snapped. I just cried out in pain.

"We are waiting on the doctor." The nurse panicked. I wonder are my friends okay. I pray they okay.

"Percy, it burn." I whined.

"I know baby." Percy kissed my forehead. The door swung open and this young looking woman came in. Percy looked her up and down. I must admit she is pretty but my leg is killing me.

"Okay I want you to grip this while I stitch it up." She said politely. She gave me this towel. I could feel the needle going through my skin.

"Oh my god!" I yelled out as I gripped the towel.

*

*

*

No lie! It took about 30 minutes...30 fucking minutes of pain for her to get done. I could back slap this woman.

"I know you want to kill me right now, but I promise you it all will be worth it." The doctor said rubbing my hair back.

"What about my friends? Please tell me they okay." I begged.

"The boy and one of the girls is fine, just a little scared. But the other girl is beaten up really badly." The doctor said.

"Does she have a lot of tattoos?" I asked.

"Yea that girl." She said. Dang Moe.

"I think her name is Monique, Moesha, Monica or something like that." The doctor smiled at Percy.

"Her name is Mona. And I'm ready to go home." I said trying to snap her out her little daze at Percy.

"So can she go home tonight?" Percy asked. They all can go home tonight. But I'm going to give Mona some medicine. Keep her in the bed." The doctor smiled. Why is she smiling?! Ain't nothing fun about this!

"Good!" I snapped. I sat up and slipped my shoes on. I tried standing up but fell back on the bed. The door opened and in walking Killa, Dana, and a limping Moe. Killa had cuts all on his high yellow skin. Dana had a bust lip and a couple of bruises. Moe looked terrible. Her face had a big bruise, she held her stomach as if it hurt her to walk. Her arms had cuts on them and her left arm was in a cask.

"Y'all I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's okay. Are you straight?" Killa said looking at the big scar going up my leg.

"Yes." I said. Percy signed some papers and we left out.

"What we rolling in Percy?" I asked.

"You know I always got a back up plan." He said unlocking the doors to this black BMW truck. We got in and pulled off. It was so quiet.

"Y'all hungry?" He asked.

"No." We all said.

"You won't drive until hell freeze over." Percy told me. I heard Moe groan from the backseat.

"You okay Moe?" Percy looked at her from the rear view mirror.

"I guess." She moaned out in pain. Killa wrapped his arms around her. Damn I feel bad. We finally pulled up to my house and damn near all my friends stood out here. Zoe, Shampoo, Drew, Derrika, Luny, Mariah, Nicole, and Bobby.

"You okay baby?" Drew quickly asked as soon as I got out. I saw Percy give him a funny look but soon looked away.

"I'm fine. I just bust my leg open." I said brushing by him and going into the house. We all sat in the living room while Percy went upstairs.

"So what happen?" Zoe said breaking the silence.

"Jade reckless ass happened." Moe mumbled.

"I said I'm sorry!" I snapped.

"Yea you sorry! I'm sitting over here fucked up and all you got is stitches." Moe snapped back.

"I bust my whole left leg open Moe! Have some sympathy!" I yelled.

"Both of y'all hush! We all fucked up but we can't blame Jade!" Killa yelled over both of us.

"Screw this." Moe mumbled.

"Calm down Moe. I'm sure Jade wasn't trying to hurt y'all including herself." Drew spoke out.

"Shut up Drew. Why you even here? Jade don't want you!" Moe spat out.

"Moeeee." Dana begged.

"Naw let the chick talk so I can break her other arm!" Zoe snapped. I feel so guilty. I'm the reason for all these people arguing right now.

"Everybody shut the hell up!" Percy came in and yelled. We froze and stared at him.

"Mane I'm going home tomorrow. My daddy gone take the first flight here and I'm leaving back with him." Moe said.

"Moe I didn't mean to." I begged.

"Moe stop being a bitch!" Killa snapped.

"You called me a bitch?!" Moe said shock.

"Yea cause that's what you acting like, a bitch! Now Jade didn't mean to. That damn eighteen wheeler was gone hit our ass and probably kill us if Jade hadn't swerved off the road like that." Killa snapped.

"But-"

"Shut the hell up for once Moe! I'm tired of hearing you talk! Chill and heal up and stop bitching bout something we can't change!" Dana snapped. I never heard Dana speak her mind so much.

"Is this bullshit over so I can go to sleep?" Percy asked.

"You can go to sleep. I know you got work in the morning." I told him. Without another word he walked back up the stairs.

"I'm sorry J." Moe said in almost a whisper.

"I'm sorry to all of you." I said. They got up and hugged me. My Inglewood friends just sat there quiet. They wouldn't understand this. It's a Brooklyn thing.

--------

Boring I know.

Sorry it took so long, my Internet was fucking up on me.

Vote

Comment