Chapter 17

Jade POV

I can't win even if its in my blood. I damn near killed me and my friends. My mama dead. My daddy don't want nothing to do with me. My principle took my innocence. No basketball from me. I still think Percy making illegal money. And I'm not in Brooklyn. Shit sucks for me.

"Is he dead?" I asked as we all sat quietly in the living room.

"I don't know. I shot him in the shoulder." Moe said crying. I shook my head.

Killa pulled her into his embrace.

"We got to go back to Brooklyn. It ain't safe here no more!" Dana panicked.

"Hell yea. He gone find us here and that's gone be our ass!" Moe said.

"What have y'all done?" I squinted my eyes.

"Sound like they in some shit." Drew gripped my hips and pulled me close to him.

"Come on Killa. I thought I was in the squad with y'all. Why y'all leaving me out of this little secret?" Im really hurt. I thought they were my friends.

"You don't need to be in what we in. Its too dangerous, trust me." Dana shook her head.

Now if Dana says its dangerous, its dangerous.

"Well that's cool. Just don't wake me up when y'all leave for y'all's flight in the morning." I rolled my eyes and limped upstairs.

I walked into my bedroom and lied down. To my surprise Drew came in behind me.

"Shawty they just protecting you. I keep Zoe out of my shit all the time." He shrugged.

"It's different. We supposed to be homies. I feel like the enemy now." I admitted.

"What if I told you a big secret of mines? Would that make you feel better?" He smirked. I don't know. I do want to know everything about him though.

"Yea." I simply replied.

"Well, I used to try to wear Zoe's clothes because I thought twins were always supposed to dress alike." He said. It took everything in me not to laugh in his face.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I smirked.

"I tried on her skirts, dresses, bows and all." He laughed. This nigga is crazy.

"Gay." I mumbled.

"I heard that." He threw a pillow at me.

"Jade." I heard a soft voice outside the door. I was going to ignore it until a heard a raspy voice.

"Open the damn door Jade." Moe said. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I opened the door revealing Moe, Dana, and Killa.

"Yo homie we need some alone time." Killa told Drew.

"Naw he ain't going nowhere." I said sternly. They gave me a funny look. I walked back and crawled in my bed with Drew.

"We in some deep shit." Killa started off. I studied all their faces.

Killa's face was fearless. Dana had a unsure look. Moe had this blank expression.

"Tell me! I been in shit before with y'all and it was never really bad." I shrugged.

"You don't understand Jade. This time we fucked up big time." Moe shook her head.

"Stop sugar coating and tell her!" Drew snapped.

"I don't think we was talking to you! Why are you even here anyway?! Go hang with them other flaky hoes!" Moe snapped. I studied her the whole time.

Drew was about to say something but I looked back at him. I gave him the 'just let it go' look.

"So what did you three do? I promise I won't rat y'all out." I said calmly.

"We owe Spikey big time!" Moe said.

"Talking bout homie that stay on James Avenue?!" I said surprised.

"Hell yeaaaa! We owe that nigga over 50 thousand!" She shook her head.

"Why the fuck?! What y'all doing fooling with him anyway! Everybody knows Spikey ain't no good!" I snapped. These folks must sipped some lean or something!

"We work for him, except Dana. She the reason we stole the money from Spikey." Killa said.

"Work for him?! So you two dumb asses selling drugs now?!" I crossed my arms.

"You knew I was doing that shit before you left Brooklyn so don't trip." Moe rolled her eyes.

"I'm in a gang. You think I just wear red because I like it?" Killa said sarcastically.

"I was in some trouble with the law and they caught me slipping. So Moe and Killa had to get me bond money." Dana said. I heard Drew sigh.

I swear I don't know the three people standing in front of me. It's like they changed on a nigga. We used to try our best to avoid Spikey and his boys.

At one point Killa and his boys got to fighting with Spikey boys. This man ain't nothing to play with! Im surprised he aint tried to push up on Moe and Dana with they easy asses.

"I'm so fucking mad." I said through gritted teeth.

"That's why we got to get back home. We earned 500 already because we working these lil low pay jobs." Dana said.

"Percy gone be beyond pissed off." I shook my head.

"No he not because you not gone tell him. And you ain't gone say shit either Drew!" Moe snapped. Drew held his hands up in defense.

"This y'all shit. I got enough worries for myself in Inglewood." He said.

Killa gave Drew a nasty look. If looks could kill I swear Drew would be laying in a pool of blood right now.

"So is that all?" I asked. They nodded. I brushed by them and went into the bathroom and threw up. These muthafuckas made me sick to my stomach!

--------

I know it's short and I took forever but I'm sorry!

I have a lot of things to do and I just don't have time!

But go check out my new book "Ghetto"

It's a fanfic of August Alsina fine ass!

I know this chapter is short but I just wanted to open up to you about Moe, Dana, and Killa's life in Brooklyn. Its gone really mean something on down in the story

Vote

Comment