Chapter 30 - Trying to plan.

The chicken was gone by the time Julia was awake again, shook awake by Lia, who was proudly displaying ...well, not much. Alfred hadn't done a bad job fixing it though. It was just short all over now, which made it go a little curly, and she did look kind of cute with little golden brown curls all over her head. Even if there was still a bald patch near one part.  They did look more alike now, probably because they were both wearing David's clothing, and once Lia had shown Mommy she sat down nearby with David and resumed working on a puzzle.

Julia sat up, rubbing her screaming forward, as she watched the twins jamming the wrong pieces together to create a tower of puzzle pieces. Not exactly what they were for. She had too much of a headache to yell at them or tell them off. It was actually pretty creative, not surprising when they were Levi's kids, and she took a photo of it with her cell before they could destroy it again.

"Julia." Levi called.

Levi's voice made her head ache again, Julia clutched at her poor skull as he came in, his own face wincing in sympathetic pain

"Sorry. Here." He dropped pills into her hand and a glass of water. "Figured you might need it."

"Less talking, more pills." Julia groaned softly, shoving both back, a wave of nausa rising up as her upset stomach agreed with the migraine. She tugged him closer, shoving her head into his stomach, using it for a light blocker. "Stay."

"I'd love to if the twins weren't here and Mom wasn't about two minutes away." He grinned weakly down at her, bumping his hips in her direction, his mind clearly somewhere else. "Here."

Something sweet and moist was pressed into her mouth, Levi's finger sliding in with it, and Julia shut her eyes as the taste of rich chocolate cake mixed with Levi filled her senses. She had this thought, this delicious thought, of Levi being smeared with it and ...

"Stop sucking on my finger like that, it's driving me mad." Levi groaned softly, kneeling in front of her, and offered her another piece of chocolate cake. When she just sucked harder, he shut his eyes, leaning against her.

Julia kissed him hard, cake and all, wrapping her arms around his neck as he groaned softly against her lips. She just wanted to... and cake... and oh man, why did the kids have to be stacking puzzle pieces two metres away when there was a couch so handy right now?

Apparently he was thinking the same thing, because within seconds she was on her back and Levi was over her, the two of them making out like they hadn't for months, ignoring the kids. 

"Okay, enough now." Oliver peered over the couch at the two of them, amused, tucking his hair behind his ears. "Before I put you two in the naughty corner."

"If that's in the bedroom, go right ahead." Levi nipped Julia's throat. 

"Beta, Alpha, eat your lunch and do your job. You two are always like this after our special... cuddles" Oliver tried to drag Levi off her, which didn't work well, Levi just bit Oliver's arm. But they did have to get up. Slowly, reluctantly, the two of them got up and tried to eat. 

Oliver kept sneaking little gropes though, much to Levi's amusement, and Julia jabbed him away with a fork that had for some reason come with the plate. Who ate cake with a fork anyway?  She jabbed them back, until Lia finally woke up to the fact that her mommy and daddies kept kissing and playing, and headed straight into the middle of it like she always did. Free affection? She was there!

"How did the meeting go?"

That killed the mood for Levi, she saw his playful warmth vanish, and a flicker of the anger return. He gritted his teeth and didn't answer. Instead, he strode over to David and lifted him up, hugging him close as if he intended on running off with him.