Chapter 25 - Trying to not go crazy with fear.

The photo took a while to load, the internet was slow with the scattering of rain, but when it did David looked scared. That was all she saw. David's wide confused brown eyes. She saw Levi's face darken the same moment she felt the flood of rage, burning them both, and then he stormed out.

Julia felt Susan's hand on her shoulder and a soft, "Let him bash it out."

She almost wanted to go bash it out with him. Julia's breathing quickened, her eyes sqeezing shut, Oliver's hand finding her other shoulder. Breathe. Focus. Breathe. Focus. Try to not call the school right now and abuse them about how they let some strange man take Da-

She heard Levi doing just that, as she concentrated on her hearing, as she made it 'expand'. "Levi's calling the school."

Susan stiffened and hurried after her son. It was probably not going to help to verbally abuse them.

Oliver gritted his teeth and sat down, head in his hands, frustrated.  Julia tried to focus on the website, beyond David's face, seeing that there would be bidding. Bidding at a particular time. Two days time. Starting at a quarter of a million. Julia had a bad feeling that was already reaching the Pack's limits.

They only had two days to try and get as much cash as possible. Two days.

She didn't know if she could handle that. 

Levi stormed out into the rec room and she heard him going at the punching bag, Susan returning, looking tired.

"They're not in yet. I'll hide his phone." She slipped it into her pocket. "I'll call."

"Good. Tim know?"

Susan nodded. "He sent us the site. They're looking into it from that end but Oliver, can you-"

Oliver blinked. It was as if he'd only just now remembered that he was pretty good with computers. She didn't need to finish the sentance, he flopped onto the chair and got to work, his face determined. If anyone could try and get more infomation on this mysterious 'bidder', it'd be Oliver.

The sounds of kids coming back up the hill laughing, made Julia flinch, and she exchanged glances with Susan.

"I'll research in here." Susan said softly. "You take the kids and spend the afternoon with them. Any news, I'll come get you."

"Okay." Julia nodded and headed out.  She heard Susan lock it. It was probably better to let the girls stay out of there for now, Julia knew, and she quickly for the kitchen.

The kids were laughing, happy, Angelica was soaking wet, carrying some big fish in their buckets as they tried to get shoes and wet things off outside. Julia helped Ophelia, who proudly showed her a 'big fish', and for Lia it was probably a huge fish. Ben hurried after with the gear, Andy looking soaking wet too, but his face was full of smiles.

"Very big." Julia agreed as she peeled Ophelia's soaking wet pants off. "Did you three go swimming too?"

Lia giggled, shaking her head. "I didn't, but Ben kept splashing us. Angie jumped in and they swam."

They swam? Angelica was six years old and only starting to learn. She'd swam in the waves? Julia's eyes shot up to a sheepish looking Ben. 

Ben gazed sheepishly down at Julia and shrugged. "Otter. Instinct. We like to play. She jumped in and -"

"To be fair, he did do his best to make her get out of the water again, but Angelica kept jumping in to play with the otter." Andy spoke up. He gazed at Angelica affectionately. "Didn't you? So I jumped in so I knew she was safe."