CHAPTER 9

The wind is picking up now and Grace is sound asleep on the couch. I feel the same urge of worriness coming on just as i did when the tornado came hrough. The winds get so high, the power goes off and Grace is awakened as we all jump in fright when the huge maple tree in the backyard falls. It crashes down onto the roof making the whole ceiling cave in. I grab grace as quickly as possible and throw her over my shoulders as she screams. Alex is behind Jessica and Jessica covers our heads with her hands as we all back up and move away from the horrifying scene. We run to the basement Grace over my shoulders and Alex lights a candle and turns on the handheldd AM FM radio. "RED ALERT RED ALERT, I REPEAT, RED ALERT, DO NOT PANIC, PLEASE CALM DOWN AND GRAB THE IMPORTANT FOLLOWING: FIRSTAID KIT, FOOD WATER, CELLPHONES AND PLEASE HEAD TO YOUR BASEMENT OR SAFE ROOM IMMEADIATLEY. I REPEAT CODE RED, THIS IS A TORNADO WARNING, ENTERING INTO RED WILLOW COUNTY NEBRASKA RIGHT NOW, AS I AM SPEAKING." The radio faded in and out and soon died. I peer out the window only to find a large tornado and hale the size of a golfball. The tornado is made of grey spiraling winds and leaves are blowing around into it. I watch as it sucks up a red car into its centerand heads our way. I sit Grace on the floor and cover both of our heads. She screams and we all follow after her, even Alex and Jessica. I scream to everyone around me, " MOM, DAD, GRACE!! I LOVE YOU!" Grace is once again in tears sobbing as well as me. Jessica looks at Alex with the most worried look on her face. "NO!! LINDSAY! DONT LET GO ON ME!!" Grace screams. The words touch my heart and i cant help but sob even harder. The tornado comes crashing through the wall in front of us and we are all pinned against the wall behind us, there is nowhere else to go, nowhere else to run, nowhere else to live...