Strike

I watch the rain slide down the glass window, the wind is blowing violently and i think about what i could be doing if it weren't raining. Not that there's anything to do. I usually sit around inside all day anyway. My sister Grace walks in the door, her Tshirt is soaked and the floor is wet from her dripping body. I grab her a towel and a new outfit. She thanks me and runs off to the bathroom to change. A flash of lightning fills the sky accompanied by a jolt of thunder. Forks of lightning streak from the sky rapidly and its raining even harder. Grace comes out of the bathroom and throws her wet clothes in the wash. Then a clap of thunder filled the air leaving a chilling breeze, breaking all silence. We jump and i can see the hairs on Grace's arms stand up. "What do you want for lunch?" I ask. "I don't know, soup, a t.v. dinner?" She replies unsure. That moment the lights flicker and the house goes black. We stand there looking at each other. "Well, guess that's not going to happen Grace, I will make some sandwiches." I tell her. "Ok." She replied. I light some candles and get out the bread peanut butter and jelly. Grace sits on the couch waiting patiently watching the storm. I give her her sandwich and she looks at it. "What?" I ask. "I want grape jelly." She says, she sounds dissapointed but okay with it. I grab her sandwich and put it on the counter and make a new one, with grape jelly this time. I give her the new sandwich and eat the old one. The storm is only getting worse, "Grace, lets go to the basement." I tell her in the most comforting voice possible. "Why Lindsay?" She asks concerningly. "Because the storm is getting stronger. When there's a bad storm your suppossed to go to the basement and stay in a place with no windows or doors. So that you can be safe." I comfort her the best i can because i know the storm is a bad one. "Come on," i tell her, i grab her hand and we walk down to the basement.