CHAPTER 6

We sit in the church in rows on wooden benches with the backs red velvet fur. I grab my flower basket and give grace hers. We walk slowly side by side tossing flower petals along the sides of the isle. After we finish we walk up the short stairs to the stage and stand off to the side quietly. Jessica walks up the isle and up the stairs and stands in the center of the stage. Alex comes out the doors of the back of the church with his best man, his best friend Wilson. They lock their arms together and come up the stairs and Wilson stands next to grace and I as Alex and Jessica stand in the middle of the stage facing each other. The ringbear which is Alex's nephew, comes up the stairs holding the ring inside the box. He holds onto the ring until its time to give it to the groom (Alex) The ceiling is high so every word spoken echoes throughout the room.

Alex is left to say his vows. "Jessica, you have made so much of a difference in my life and I have been waiting for this day for so long... I just didn't have the gut to ask you, I will never forget our first date when we took that golf cart around the golf course when it was dark outside,we couldn't see and I drove us straight into that blue pond. I remember thinking the pond water is as blue as your eyes. I love you Jessica." He said. Jessica laughs at the moment on their first date and I giggle a bit myself.

Jessica is speechless and she blushes as she begins to share her vows; "Alex, when I first met you, I thought we could never make it this far... but I got to know you and I woke up every morning with you by my side thinking, how long will it take for him to propose? When will the day come? But now I'm here and I'm glad I waited, because all of these years, it took time for our love to grow." She spoke softly and sweetly as she smiled. "Alex do you take Jessica to be your beautiful and loved wife?" The priest asks. "I do." Alex replied. "Jessica do you take Alex to be your wonderfully loved husband?" "I do." She replies softly and calmly. "Then You may-" the priest is cut off and they are already in their kissing session. "Do that!!......." he laughs sarcastically. After they kiss, Jessica throws the bouquet of flowers in the air for one of the audience members to catch. The one to catch it first, was Stacy, Jessica's sister. "Well little sis, you'll be married soon!" Jessica teases. Stacy laughs and holds the bouquet of flowers in her hands. There is a long table behind us that the food is now served on. There is the big and beautiful wedding cake, and there are fruit trays, and there are chocolate cupcakes with pure white icing and little bride and groom decorations on the top. Jessica and Alex cut the cake together and they both take the first slices and grace and I grab a slice for ourselves. After we finish eating, there's the wedding dance. Jessica and Alex have the center of the floor for the first song and the others join in on the next song. After everything is pretty much over, the other guests leave and so do we. We get in the car and start to head home.