CHAPTER 2

We head to the basement and we hear strong winds just above us. I look above me with a concerned look upon my face. "Lindsay?" "What Grace? Something wrong?" I ask her concerningly. "Will we be okay Lindsay?" She asks. "We will be okay Grace." I reassured her. "Promise?" She asks once again. "Promise." I tell her in a confirmed voice. We go to the spare room in wich has no windows or doors leading to outside. There is a picture of our parents there glancing at us with the happiest faces. I'm only about 8 in the picture and Grace was just little, mom is cradling her in her arms. I smile and under my breath whisper; "I love you mom, i love you dad." I know they are watching over us because they know, about the storm. I grab the hand held radio and see if its still charged. Sure enough, it is. I thank God that we have still kept that charged and that we still even have it. I turn it on and tune it in to the best and clearest station. I finally get it tuned in. I hear distant sirens going off thinking that its just an ambulance or police. But it cant be, it sounds so different. I know the sound but just cant name it. Grace interrupts my thinking. "Listen Lindsay!" I listen closer, i hear a freight train, or at least that's what it sounds like. I'm still unsure what's going on. The radio squeals then tunes its self back in again. "TORNADO ALERT! TORNADO ALERT! REMAIN CALM, GRAB THE IMPORTANT FOLLOWING FOR EMERGENCIES: FLASHLIGHTS, RADIOS, CELLPHONES, FIRST-AID KITS, FOOD AND WATER AND PLEASE HEAD TO YOUR BASEMENT OR A SAFE ROOM IMMEDIATELY! I REPEAT TORNADO ALERT! ENTERING INTO THE FOLLOWING AREAS: RED WIL-" and then its cut off. Its nothing but static and "shhhhhhhhhhhhhh" like soft rain beating on the window. "RED WHAT RED WHAT?!?!" i scream at it. But i know there's no use.