3.3

I sat in the passenger seat of Ashton's car, my window down and the wind flying through, probably making my hair so tangled I would have to shave it off but I didn't care. I was in too good of a mood to care about my hair.

Holly was so nice. I hadn't expected her to be as nice as she was, but i wasn't exactly expecting her to be mean either. It was just a surprise that she liked me so much. No one likes me.

Except Calum and Ashton, obviously.

I wasn't sure who my best friend was now. I mean, considering Ashton and I were together we were a bit more than friends. But we HAD swore best friends forever the day that I had met him. Best friends can be in a relationship right?

"I'm going to be a bit busy when I get home," Ashton said, breaking the silence between us.

"What is it that you keep sneaking off to do?" I asked, finally having the courage to question him.

"Nothing," he said. "It's just a little side thing I'm working on. It'll help me for when I go off to college so I need to get it done."

"Okay," I said, although I still wondered what he was doing. He wasn't making up a class he missed in high school because obviously he'd already graduated. And there wasn't anything else I could think of that could help him to come up with to help him when he goes off to college.

Ashton pulled into the driveway and let me go inside. I went straight up to my room and did what I always did without him. I pulled out my work and continued to edit it.

I worked for a few hours, finishing the second story I'd written and then sitting on my bed trying to come up with something to do.

"Sarah!" Ashton's voice in my window made me jump. He looked like he was about to pee himself.

"What?!" I said, turning around.

"Come outside right now!" He said urgently. "Come out NOW!"

Panicked, I ran downstairs, wondering what was going on. Was it Lauren or Harry? What if it was Sam?! Was everyone okay?

I opened the door and Ashton was there, he grabbed my arm. "Quickly!"

I ran with him, horrible things going through my mind about what could have happened. My heart was pounding against my rib cage and my eyes started to sting.

Ashton ran up to a small blue pick up truck. "Isn't it awesome?!"

Face palm.

"ASHTON FLETCHER IRWIN YOU HAD ME SCARED TO DEATH THAT SOMEONE WAS HURT!" I yelled.

"No," he laughed, and a tear escaped from my eye.

"Come on Sarah," he said, pulling me into a hug. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

I pushed him away. "You made me nearly have a heart attack. I thought someone was really hurt."

"Sarah, calm down," he said, stroking my hair. "No ones hurt."

I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

"So you freaked me out for a crappy little truck?" I asked.

He pulled away and looked at me like I was crazy. "This is not a crappy little truck. This is what the rest of our summer is going to revolve around."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"We're going on a road trip!" He smiled.

I stood gaping at him. "A road trip?"

"Yes!" He smiled even bigger. "We're going on a week long road trip starting tomorrow!"