Surprise!

Hello All I know I'm updating but its because of all you. I got almost all of my usual votes in such a short time and with comments that i decided to upload another chapter. I would like to thank all the new readers who have recently picked up this story. I am happy and I am on a writing spree right now. There might be more chapters coming up with in the next couple of days. Also please vote/fan/comment. I am up to 66 fans and thank you for those who fan. I love reading your comments. They make my day. OOOOO by the way I added the 30 seconds to mars video. I wish i could have used the uncenscored version but there is some b.s. about it not being allowed to veiw in america which really doesn't work because we have the internet but i will not keep you from this chapter any more.

Enjoy :)

Ally

The next couple of days were weird, awkward and tense. Why all these things you might ask. Well bottom line was Damien and I still had that competition. That meant practicing and both of us were reluctant to touch each other. The only song we really got away with that was The Pretty Reckless song we were doing. The song we were doing was You, so that meant we were for the most part separated and doing moves that complimented each other but accentuated the separation of us.

Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars was harder. The song was a lot longer and there were times that being in his arms or a position that needed to be held was difficult. I often found a look of pain on my face because we were touching or in some sort of embrace. If there was time, I would have changed the choreography. But there wasn’t. I guess that he and I were just going to have to get good at faking it.

By the time of the actual competition, all of our moves were technically correct. The only thing I managed to improve on was the look of pain on my face was now only a slight grimace and I couldn’t look him directly in the eye. Watching some of the other couples was hard. They were beautiful and in sync. The good news was that some of them though were sloppy and not technically correct. You could tell they were trying to make it more emotional for the judges to overlook their mistakes.

It was time for us to go up. The first song we had to do was You by the Pretty Reckless. This was our first round dance. If we made it to the next round then we would move on to the 30 Seconds to Mars.  Then the judges would decide the winner. Damien wanted to use Hurricane first but I felt that The Pretty Reckless song would be better seeing’s how we didn’t have to fake it through the whole song and could use the emotions better and that would get us through to the next round. Reluctantly he agreed.

The funny thing was the song actually kind of suited us right now or at least the situation. I heard the song start, and we both started moving. I let the song move through me let it run my emotions. In a way it was almost freeing. I spent the past few days just trying to do this technical because I knew if I connected to the music, in the end I would connect with Damien too and that is something that I needed to avoid. I felt my body moving and felt him always near my body. Which is the way it’s choreographed.

The end came and we ended up changing the final positions to where we were side to side but facing each other and him holding onto my arm. Which was the position we were now in and it was all too familiar. He was facing the crowd, my back was to them, we were looking into each other’s eyes and the look on our faces was intense. He always grabbing my arm to stop me from leaving was too familiar and something that me and him have done on many occasions and it wasn’t always dancing either. It was always me leaving it seems like now looking back, I was always running from him it seems.

After the applause, we went behind the stage. We took one look at each other. Our eyes met and we were locked in a trance again. I couldn’t get out of his spell and time seemed to stand still. Somewhere, something deep inside me snapped. I couldn’t breathe and all I wanted was him. In that moment, I didn’t care what he did. It was in the past and I wanted to move on and I wanted to move on with him.  But the gods didn’t seem to favor me in that moment and someone rudely stepped between us and just like that, that trance was broken. He then turned away from and went to the opposite side of the back stage area.