20. Grand Prix

Julie

I wish I had arrived early at this race, because when it ended quite soon I was disappointed. And what disappointed more was that no one from my favorite team won, but a certain driver from The red bull racing team won, as he ran around to the audience, I could hear the girls screaming at him and shanting out his name. I could not yet grasp his name because there was a lot of cheering.

The racer ran to the podium with the two men who won number two and number three behind him. He stood on the top of the podium and did the tradition of a winning racer. He opened the bottle of champagne and splashed it everywhere. He took off his helmet and I froze in my seat.

Then to put the cherry on top, the commentators announced his name:

Max Verstappen

That was him. That was who I came here for. The father of my baby.

As I heard all the girls around the place shouting his name, I was not so sure if I wanted meet him yet.

I fled from the seats before anyone else could and stood along an empty hallway.

So what?

I saw the father of my baby, not merely ten minutes away from me. I could have called him, but I chickened out.

I did not even think about what he would act when I told him the news. Would he want the baby?
Would he tell me to abort it?

I stopped myself from thinking. I had made a promise to myself to stop thinking inorder to avoid stress. I wanted to keep the baby healthy.

"Oh, you must be her, come now I promised you you'd meet him after his match,"

A tall man pulled my hand. He was in a black overall, exactly the one the racers were wearing, but I had never spoken to him before.

He must have mistaken me for someone else.

"You must be mistaken"-"It's okay to be nervous, after all he's only a person like you,"He added and pulled me into a locker room. It seemed this was the place where all the racers changed into their overalls.

I got it now.

He must have been mistaking me for a fan. I was not a fan of the Red Bull racing team, I would have loved to meet Lewis Hamilton or any member from the Mercedes group.

"I'm not who you think I"-"It is okay to be frightened, I'll be back now," he left. Just like that. Had he only listened, he would have heard what I wanted to day, but no, he just stormed out of the room.

I took out my phone to call a taxi to pick me up, I was too exhausted to walk back to the lodge.  I wanted to get some sleep.

"Hey, Congratulations. You're the winner,right?"I heard a very familiar voice . It was him, it was definetly him. I slowly turned around and found him standing in the doorway. His overalls were soaked.

This was the moment. Should I tell him now. Would he believe me?
Would he want the baby too?