8. Audi R8

Julie

My eyes fluttered open and I was suddenly on the side of the street. The car was now disappearing out of sight. It was a blue Audi R8 (my favorite).

But it almost became my least favorite car. The bloody driver almost killed me. I thought as I made it into my street.

"Julie,"I froze on my heels when I heard a very familiar voice call my name. I turned around and found Cassidy standing a few minutes away from me.

"Why did you leave school early?"she asked and I turned around to walk away.

That was not a question I was prepared to answer.

I kept on walking, but I heard her latching behind.

"Is it Jack Ryder's?"

She added and I stopped on my heels again.

What was she talking about?
What was it?

"I found this at the girls' restrooms,"I reluctantly turned around and found her holding up two blue torn papers.

My eyes widened and my diaphgram rose rapidly. They were a page from the catalogue Mrs. Doubt had given me days ago. They were the abortion papers.

"It's not his,"I mumbled and she walked nearer. Her face growing more concerned as she approached me. "Then who's is it?"she asked.

Cassidy was smart. She and I were always straights A students and she had put two and two together. She knew I was pregnant, but I was not sure I was ready to tell people yet. At least the tears rolling down my face at the moment did not think so.

"I don't know,"I said and she handed me my toiletry bag. I did not even realise it was missing.

"Did they force you into doing anything, the cool kids?"she asked and I rubbed off my tears.

"Thank you for this,"I showed her the toiletry bag and departed without giving her an answer.

I was suddenly not sure wether I was ready for this. Ready for the pregnancy , but one thing I was sure of was that I was going to keep the baby.

            ************************

JULIE

A month went by. I had lied to the doctor and told her that the father of the baby was away , but she was glad that I was not going ahead with the abortion.

As I made it into the school's hallway on Monday morning. Tara and Mandy joined me. For some reason I was still friends with them, though they had tricked me into  sleeping with a stranger in the past.

"Why are you wearing that tacky sweater?"Tara cried and I shrugged. "I was late so I just grabbed the first thing I saw,"I lied. I wore it on purpose.

Sweaters were the only things that kept me going for the past months. They were what I thought helped with hiding my baby bump. No one knew except for Cassidy.

I wanted to keep it clean and discreet. I had to be careful or I would become the school's laughing stock.

"Ugh,Don't ever wear that. It's so 2014,"She said and I rolled my eyes when they were not looking. Lately I had developed a backbone.

I never wanted people to force me into doing things I didn't want again.

As they disappeared into the hallway and mixed with the rest of the students,I opened my locker and took out my English book. When I turned around, I met eyes with Eric.