10. Acceptance

Julie

I placed my phone on the bed and sat besides my study. My Chemistry book lay ajar on the table, overflowing with chemical equation and endless notes.

My eyes were fixed on the rectangular screen of my laptop computer instead. My Wi-Fi network was on fire. Father had opened an account and I decided to use it to my advantage.

I was on Wikipedia, learning how to hide my baby bump well. The internet was the only guardian I had to help my through my pregnancy.

Somehow, I had learnt to accept my baby and was happier than I thought I would be about it. But still no one knew, only Cassidy. And I was surprised she still had not told anyone.

Maybe that was a sign. That I needed to apologise to her for being distant and to cool to hang with her. But I was still angry at her for wanting to remain a nerd forever. A geek. And a nobody. I honestly thought we deserved better. We deserved to be treated like we mattered, we deserved to be known and deserved more than being victims to bullying.

My phone vibrated and I ran to it. A wordful text from Mandy was obstructing my floral wallpaper now.

The text

LET'S HANG NOW!MEET US DOWN THE STREET IN FIVE MINUTES. WE'RE GOING TO "PRETEND PARTY".😙

End of text

I did not even have to think twice. I wore black leggings and matching shirt with a red trench coat. I did my hair and headed to the meeting place. We headed to our hideout spot all together.

No matter how internally angry I was with these people. I still loved hanging with them. I loved the popularity that came with them and never in a day wanted to leave it. Cassidy was wrong, popularity was not so bad After all.

Like usual, we took some pictures and posted them on our instagram pictures. My account had suddenly topped up to a maximum of 2 059 followers and the likes went up to a maximum of 800- 1000 all because I was part of the cool kid squad.

"You look good. Now this I would wear," Tara pointed at my trench coat. I felt satisfied. All because I felt a feeling of acceptance. All because she gave me a compliment. I felt like a part of them now.
Like I was fitting in.