9. Detention

Julie

I dragged my feet along the school hallway. Students were beginning to be scarce as the day ended, usually I would be heading home by now, but today it was different. Our writing class teacher was quite moody today and he sent the whole class to detention. Our writing class was composed of fifteen students and I was quite sure we would all be writing something for a whole hour, now that I would not mind.

As I made it into the detention class, I signed my name and took a seat at the back of the room. A few learners had already scattered around the class room. I instantly took out my snacks and began eating, I was really hungry. I know I ate during break time, but then I was eating for two now.

I felt someone collapsing into the chair besides me. I looked up and saw a smiling Eric. He was full of those lately.

"Here,"He said handing me a cup of icecream. He had two of them and I felt instant butterflies knowing that he took his time to buy me an icecream without me asking for it.

"Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you,"I resisted a flush. He strafe eating his and the whole class just fell silent. I was not one to go to detention and I hated it, but today's detention was something else.

"So did you complete your story?"Eric asked me. "Story?"I repeated.

"Yes,the short story we were assigned to write,"he added.

"I think I wrote two paragraphs,"I said and that made him chuckle. "Did you?"I started and he nodded.

"I wrote a whole page, but I'm not done yet,"he said. Eric was a good writer, he has been writing since he was eleven. At least that is what he told me, but I Inc read his book back when we were fifteen about an alien who falls for a human girl. It was really good.

"What is it about?"I asked as I rested my head in my hands and he flushed. "Well I'll tell you when it's completed,"he said and took a mouthful from his icecream. "Is it about aliens this time still?"I asked and he chuckled almost chocking on his icecream.

"No, something better," he said and I sat back on my seat. My icecream was already melting, but I managed to finish it all.

When detention ended, I stormed out of the room and made it to the girls' rest rooms. I had waited enough and I hoped my bladder was not hurting my baby. I smiled at the thought of holding the baby in my hands.

As I left the bathroom, I bumped into someone along the corridor. It was Eric. He walked me home and to our surprise, it was getting dark outside. 

When we reached my street I could tell what was about to occur. The way he kept reaching out for my hand and walking closer to me, those were all signs that he wanted to kiss me. Trust me, I did not mind that at all, but I just thought.

What if it happens again. What if my mind goes back to the last day my virginity was broken like the last time he kissed me?

I felt panicky and agitated. This time he leaned in and I jerked my head back. I did not want to kiss him.

All in fear of what happened the last time.

He stared back at me and I shyed away. He leaned in again and I did the same.

"What's wrong?"He asked and I froze again. It was happening again. I could not move my lips. The answer was there in my head. An answer that would be partly a lie, but my lips failed to materialize the thought.

I ran off, just like that. Lately that was becoming a habit.

Running away from my problems....