14

Nathan was hilarious but I was getting tired. I went to sleep and I found a cockroach in my bed. I flicked it away and tried to sleep. The mattress was disgusting I went to check what was under it and it was a door. A trapdoor. But there was no key. There was a letter, it read:

Dear Prisoners,

I am a long gone prisoner that has successfully escaped this prison. I have left this here because I understand what it feels like to suffer, and stay strained for the rest of your life. I have been trapped here for over a decade. Now, you must be reading this because you are looking for the key. Ha. The Key. It's in the brick. All you need to do is pull the very bottom brick in the left corner, right wall. There's your exit. Make sure you take it out when your guards are asleep and/or off duty. Here are three simple steps to your survival escape:

1. Make sure you leave when nobody is watching.

2. No more than two people are able to escape.

3. Unlock the trapdoor and escape, make sure to unset the traps.

Good Luck,

Your Sincerely, Shane Clarke, 2014

This was amazing. But I knew that name from somewhere. Clarke... Clarke... clark— oh my gosh. Clarke was the last name of the evil girl that was murdered at my school. What a coincidence. What did he do wrong anyway? The letter isn't even dated back that much, so the exit is possibly still open. I go over to tap Nathan on the shoulder. 

"Psst. Nathan. Wake up." I whisper, thanking God that it was evening.

"Yea, Yea i'm up, what?" he says.

"Read this" I give him the letter and show him the door. Nathan and I wait until two am or what we thought was two am. We took the key and shoved the brick back in, and thats when we heard a yawn, from one of the officers. Gosh, it was hard being normal. 

"Who's there?!" said the police officer. Nathan and I ran to our beds, as i'm still holding the key in my hand. I go under the covers and could clearly see the flashlight flashing in our eyes. I twist and turn, trying to do my best to look asleep. Nathan did the same. God, it was so annoying being 153 years old. The police officer went back to sleep and Nathan and I quickly crept over and unlocked the door. We twisted the wheel and jumped down. We left our pillows on our mattress to look like people were sleeping. We left Shane's note on the door to make sure others got the same message, and we left the key in the same brick, locking the door from the inside.

"What do we do now?" asked Nathan. What were we going to do? I have an idea.

"Nathan, as a vampire you could change your face, if there are guards there, they wont notice you. Change your age to 50 i'll do the same too." I say. He nods and we walk towards the door. And I was shocked to see who was blocking the door. 

It was Anna Clarke.