8.

Chanyeol's POV

I took a deep breath as I gazed at the stars, swinging back and forth. There was something so relaxing and peaceful about that playground, which made it one of my favourite places in that neighbourhood.
I needed to be alone, in order to think. Baekhyun had done a great job when meeting my parents. He had managed to gain their trust, especially my grandmother's, which was great. But it was somehow quite hurtful to see them being that happy about our lie. I honestly didn't know how to manage all this, and it started to make me feel uneasy and lost.

I suddenly heard slow footsteps coming in my direction as I was staring at my white shoes, and heard someone sitting on the swing next to mine.

"Hi," I turned my head and saw Byun, softly smiling to me.

"Hi Baekhyun," I answered, as I smiled back.

That was probably the softest moment we had since we met, but since he, for once, didn't look upset or mad at me, I thought it would be good to forget the type of relationship we had for a quick moment.

He looked down, and blinked once or twice before opening his mouth:

"I'm sorry Chanyeol," he eventually said, frowning.

I raised an eyebrow, quite clueless.

"For what?" I questioned.

He inhaled before finally looking at me.

"For mentioning your sister during the shooting of Korean stars' second life," he sighed.

My vision started getting blurry and I quickly wiped the tears that were forming with the back of my hand before sniffing.

"Everything is my fault. We argued because of me. I'm such a fool, I'm sorry.
- No Baekhyun, it's okay. You didn't know that she was gone."

It was so hard to say, I felt like the words were blocked in my throat and my heart was aching so bad. Dozens of old memories started to appear in my mind as I tried to think of them without bursting into tears like my eight-year-old self.

I felt a timid hand patting my back, and I let the corners of my mouth lift a bit.

"My mother told you everything?" I asked as the bittersweet memories started to fade.

"No, your father did.
- Really?" I questioned, as his answer surprised me.

"What a surprise, he barely tells that story to anyone," I declared.

My father was indeed someone quite severe and strict, especially when it came to me, my behaviour and the people I hung out with. He didn't like exposing our past to people he didn't trust. Which apparently wasn't the case of Baekhyun.

The latter softly smiled, looking down.

I really didn't know what happened with that guy, but he sure managed to make my family members like him, and little did he know that I was quite impressed.

"She must be proud of you. Of everything you've accomplished so far or managed to overcome. I'm sure she is," he spoke quietly.