5.

Chanyeol's POV

I felt quite disappointed to see him with someone else, since I was expecting to eat with him.

"He seems to have a good time," I thought.

One of the waitresses accompanied me to a table, a little far from Baekhyun's, but giving me a nice view of him, and of his date. She gently put a napkin on my lap and handed me a menu, before pouring me some white wine in a glass and disappearing.

I put it aside for a second, and looked at them. His date was quite handsome, in the late twenties, very well-dressed, amazing hair and glowing skin. His face wasn't so unfamiliar to me, and I wondered if I had already seen him before.

I put my fists under my chin and my eyes stopped upon Baekhyun. He was smiling, a lot, a little too much in fact. Probably because of the fact that his date was stroking his wrist. I chuckled. He indeed wasn't as confident here as at home. I took a sip of the white wine in victory. Because I had discovered something about Baekhyun: he's actually attracted to men. And that got me quite excited for some reason. We were supposed to be married, to act like best friends, and yet, he was still a whole mystery to me.

And I kind of felt guilty. I knew our relationship didn't start well because of me. Baekhyun's words were still resonating in my head: "I hate you."

It wasn't something he had said out of anger. He had said it calmly, sincerely. And at that exact moment, when I saw him looking elsewhere, standing straight and being serious and truthful, I knew I had messed up by changing that door knob. I had been a total jerk. And that was certainly not what I was supposed to do. His reaction made me regret this a lot.

All the more as, seeing him there, having dinner with someone, certainly his date, made me realise how lonely I was.

I might had boasted when telling him that I was an actor and all, but I was secretly envying him at that moment. He managed to work at a bank, to write some novel at home, and to go out with his friends and manage his social life without struggling. It was indeed really impressive

I suddenly thought:

"When was the last time I actually dated someone?"

I closed my eyes before taking another sip of the sour beverage. I knew the answer too well.

"Two years ago," I mumbled.

I had still feelings for Park Sandara. Because we hadn't stopped seeing each other and cut all the ties we had. We were under the same company, so we would often work together, or see each other in the corridors of the huge building amid of our busy schedules.

Plus, she was still my best friend. She would often call me, and talk about how bad of a day she had, or how cute the photographer she worked with for a new photoshoot was. Maybe some people call that friend zone, but I call that keeping some distance from a relationship that might hurt us both considering how busy and controlled we were.

So yes, basically, I was still suffering from a bad heartbreak two years after.

Baekhyun seemed to be more open to relationships, and I kind of admired that.

A shy feminine voice suddenly took me out of my thoughts.

"Sir, are you ready to order?"