Chapter 14

"Adam kissed his mother! Adam kissed his mother," Ezra and Cheryl belt from the driver and passenger seat as we drive down the dimly lit road.

My ears still burn with embarrassment. I just want to forget that it ever happened, but the only thing Ezra and Cheryl will do is remind me of every second of it.

"I didn't kiss anyone, okay," I spit out, only, my tone sounds like I'm questioning myself, which only makes them laugh longer and louder. "You guys, she kissed me. You saw her kiss me," I state, this time more firmly.

"We know, it's just more embarrassing for you and fun for us if we spice up the truth a bit," Ezra explains. "Mama's boy." And so the fit of laughter starts up again. I huff and cross my arms, staring out the window to zone them out.

It's still dark outside and the town is alive as cars speed past us down the road. The yellow and red lights from the headlights of the surrounding cars whiz by, creating this streaky blur. The colors revolve around so quickly, so flawlessly. It's like being hypnotized. Just a revolving pattern shrouding my eyesight and keeping my attention focused solely on its movement.

The trance is so strong that Cheryl's and Ezra's screams can hardly distract me. It isn't until the car stops that the hypnosis ceases. Suddenly, I'm back in the real world. And for the moment, it's . . . weird.

"What happened," I finally ask them after returning to my senses.

I look ahead of me. In the midst of the intersection, one lone car stands: A Volkswagen Beetle. It's hot pink, and small. Really small. It reminds me of a clown car, only two times taller. Two girls have already exited the vehicle and stand side by side with their arms crossed.

One girl has hair the color of a fiery red. Her winged eyeliner and long acrylic nails give her the appearance of a feline. Her black leather pants wrap tight around her thighs, showcasing her figure with a black top and leather boots and jacket to match. Her friend is blonde. She wears a burgundy colored sweater dress that tapers down to mid thigh and a dark brown pair of boots that reach all the way to her knees.

"Oy, you there," the redhead calls with an Australian accent.

"Seriously, guys. What the heck is going on," I ask Cheryl and Ezra again.

""I was driving, they suddenly pull up out of nowhere, and I slammed the brakes before we hit them," Ezra answers.

"Hey," this time it's the blonde, and she sounds feistier than the redhead. She marches forward with angry steps and slams her hands on the hood of our car. I jump, absolutely petrified. "Get your asses out the damn car."

"So do we just try to compromise with them or something," I offer.

"GET OUT," the blonde screams, her face now pressed to the front windshield.

"With these psychos?" Ezra remarks. "Hell no."

The redhead begins to step forward. Her steps aren't as angry but clearly directed as she makes a straight line for the window across me. She presses her pointer finger on the glass before running that same finger clear across her throat. I didn't need to know sign language to know what she means. I'm dead.

She opens the backseat door open with one tug, and my jaw drops as the realization of what's about to happen to me actually sinks in.

"You didn't lock your doors?" Cheryl screams at Ezra.

"No, I never do. Why? Is it illegal?"

She crawls into the backseat. Like a lion about to attack their prey, her eyes are alert, focused. I think I hear a grizzly purr escape her lips, like some sort of wild animal, but hopefully, I'm just imagining things. Her claws grip onto my arms as she begins to tug me out of the car. With my seatbelt still wrapped tightly around me, I grab onto it for some support as I try to fight her grip. But this girl, she can't be a girl. She grabs onto my seatbelt, and without pressing the button, tears it from around. In the next second, I'm out of the car and kneeling on the ground, my mind still whirling around in circles, unable to solidify a single thought.

"I've got him," the redhead calls toward the blonde.

"Well, alright," the blonde laughs, smiling triumphantly as if just completing a mission. "Time to have fun!"

"P-p-p-please, please! Spare me," I cry, literally. Waterworks and all. "I-I-I'll d-do anything. Just, don't h-h-h-hurt m-me."

"Oh honey," the redhead cooes, bending over me as she places her arm around my shoulders, "we're not going to hurt you. We're going to help you." But her words suggest a double meaning, a different kind of help. She makes me feel . . . naughty.

"Hold on a second, what are you doing?" Cheryl demands as she exits the car. "Why are you touching him? Get your hands off him!"

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it," the blonde speaks up as she makes her way toward Cheryl.

"This." Cheryl winds her arm back, her hand quenches tightly into a fist, and lands right on the blonde's cheekbone, sending her head flying sideways. Slowly, the blonde lifts her head.

"You shouldn't have done that." She lunges for Cheryl, pouncing on her with a certain fire in her eyes. The two girls roll and tumble around on the floor. I can only watch in terror and delight. Because if I'm being honest, it's kind of sexy.

The redhead begins to stand up, seemingly making her way to join the fight. But suddenly, Ezra appears, and he's nothing but excited to join in.

"Uhuh, girl," he retorts, pushing her back with one hand.

"Did you just hit a girl," she asks astonished.

"Trust me honey, you ain't no girl," he smirks, pleased with his comeback. And he should be, because she's definitely pissed.

She lunges for him too, this time with a scream, that wild like purr rippling through her vocal chords again.

As I watch them all tumble over each other, barking, yelling, screaming, pulling, pushing, biting, I debate on whether or not to step in. Still in quite some shock, I haven't been able to make any sense of the situation. Exactly what the hell is happening here?

I don't know how long I sit there, pondering, watching. The only mark in time comes from the sound of sirens and the colors of blue and red. They aren't yellow and red, but blue and red. And in all my confusion, I remain unphased.

A possible criminal record? Eh. Imprisonment? Okay. Girls having a catfight over me? Now that, that's something to get worked up about.

__________________________________________________

I'm so sorry it took me a while to update. (I know, I'm a week late.) But life's been hectic, school's basically started so we all know what that means. With it being my senior year of high school, it's only that much more chaotic. I kid you not when I say that this is the only time I could get to a computer. The only time.

Anyway, I'm so sorry, but I still hope you ENJOYED! With school here, the schedule might get a bit iffy, but despite all my chaos, I will try my best to update as much as possible. As of right now, expect an update next Wednesday. I'm going to try really hard to stick to this schedule.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW, and I'll see you next time! :D