Chapter 6

"How do I look?" I ask Frank through the computer screen.

I was dressed in a light blue button down that sat tucked in a black pair of skinny jeans. The collar tugs comfortably on my neck, and my black dress shoes bring the entire outfit to life. I'd changed my hairstyle. Instead of the usually flat hair that sat on my forehead, I used some hair gel to give myself a more smoothed back texture. My muddy colored hair strung high in the air, showing off my smooth forehead and magnifying my eyes from the color of a stormy sea to a clear blue sky.

The party is tonight, and as much as I am excited, the nervousness that coursed through my veins won't leave me alone. My hands won't stop getting caked in sweat and I'm pretty sure my skin's paling by the minute, and I don't need to be any whiter.

I top it off with a thick winter coat because as much as I wanted to look sexy, there' no way I'm going to attempt for the second time to die for a girl. It definitely didn't work out the first time.

Frank takes a minute to survey me, his eyes scanning up and down, side to side, looking for anything I had missed. After a while, his studying face perks up into a smile as he says, "Like a million bucks."

This was my first real party, although I wouldn't tell Frank that. The parties I went to before included at most seven people and a bundle of Pokemon cards. They were fun, but nothing like I imagine I'll be going to now.

"My date's going to meet me at the party," I tell him, taking a seat in the chair by my laptop. "Apparently, everyone who's anybody will be attending. It's a pretty selective celebration."

"How'd you manage to get into a party like that?" Frank asks. He's sitting on the other end with an orange in his hand. He peels the skin and shoves it in his mouth. My body shudders when I see him do it.

"Let's just say that I've had climb to great heights since high school to earn my spot here." I answer. He laughs, not knowing that what I said I meant literally.

I look down at my watch to check the time. The clock says 7:50. If the party starts at 8:30 then it's best I head out now so that I can arrive a little early.

"Hey, I got to go. I don't want to be late."

"Alright, fill me in later when you get home." He sets down his orange and sends a devilish smirk my way. "But if you'll be too busy enjoying the night with someone else, I'll understand." His chuckle fills the speakers and I power my laptop off to shut him up. I hated how X-rated his mind could be sometimes.

I grab my jacket and head out the door, my feet moving faster than they ever have.

*~*~*

I'd probably rung the doorbell about thirteen times before I decided to use the logical part of my brain and come to the conclusion that no one was home.

Walking back outside the gates, my mind fills with worry. What if I'm at the wrong house? How is it possible for me to show up twenty minutes early and the hosts aren't even home?

I dig my hands into my pockets and lean against Wrecker's wooden gates, my mind still racing with unanswered questions. Only, I know this is his house. I've wanted to go to this party since my freshman year of college. I've looked at the invitation over and over.

Get ready to be WRECKED.

Who: Steve Wrecker

Where: 4356 East 110th Street

When: January 3, 2016 at 8:30 p.m.

I remember it specifically. So why wasn't anyone here?

As my brain continues to assume the worst I hear a car rear up the street. The roar of the engine is loud, and the clunker of the bumper hitting the street is extremely audible. I'd remember a car like that anywhere.

When I look up, I see Ezra climb out of his car a couple houses down. He doesn't see me at first but my enthusiastic hand wave eventually points out my position.

"Ezra! Ezra! Over here!" I call from across the street.

His plush lips perk into a cheeky smile as he replies, "Hey, Adam. Why are you here so early?" His smile drops fast once he nears me. "And, oh God, what are you wearing?"

I look down at my appearance before comparing it to his. He was dressed pretty similar to the first time I met him. More casual than formal.

"What?" I ask startled. "Do you think I need to tuck my shirt in some more?"

"Oh, definitely not!" he remarks. He takes a step closer to me and starts tugging at my jacket. "But this thing needs to go."

"Are you crazy?" I rip my jacket out of his hand and wrap it tighter around me, the fur from the hood keeping my ears nice and toasty. "Do you know what the temperature is right now?"

"Of course I do." He answers, but his reply contradicts his hands which continue to pull at my jacket. "But style is much more important than hypothermia my friend. Now, take this off." With one harsh tug, he pulls the jacket off my shoulders and my fragile body structure can hardly do anything to prevent him from pulling off the rest of the jacket.

"Now that that's done, I think it's time we fix a few more things." He throws my jacket over his shoulder and begins to pull at my button down.

"What the hell are you doing?" I call as my hands immediately race to his in an attempt to bring them to a less private invading area. But when that doesn't stop him, I decide to speak up. "Look, I know you're gay, and trust me, I like that someone has a crush on me and I thank you for that, but I don't play for your team. I'm not interested in you and I'm totally straight s-"

"Yeah, buddy, I'm not interested in you either," he replies as me shirt lays completely untucked around my waist. "But I don't want you to look like a nerd, especially if you're trying to impress a girl."

"Wait, how do you even know a girl's involved?" I question, my eyes puckered in confusion.

"Because you're extremely obvious," he answers. His hands continue to invade my personal bubble but I no longer struggle as I allow him to fix me up. He pushes my longsleeves up to my elbows and unbuttons the top of my shirt, exposing my collarbone. Then he takes a hand and rubs it in my hair, sending my neatly pressed hairs into a horrendous spike into the air. "Good, now your girl might actually be able to acknowledge you."

My girl. The words sound so good already that the nervousness that filled my belly is now replaced with excitement.

"You think so?" I ask as I let a smile overtake my lips, unable to hold in my happiness.

"Of course." His sentimental hand reaches out to touch my shoulder. "Just don't do anything embarrassing." That's something I can't promise. "I'll be back. I'm going to put this hideous jacket in my car and then we can get this party started."

"Alright, I'll be here." I say as he walks away. The cold immediately begins to send goosebumps across my skin. I guess my habit of almost dying couldn't be stopped as long as the girl I was chasing after was Gigi. I sigh. She really knows how to bring out the man in me.

"Alex?" The voice starts me from my heartwarming thoughts of Gigi. It's Steve and his army of friends again. My body freezes, a mix of shock and cold resulting in my statue state. The right corner of his mouth rises into a sly smirk and his long arms sit crossed around his shoulders. "Well, well, well, would you look what we have here? It's looks like the chihuahua has come to get bitten by a pack of wolves."

___________________________________________________

That is all. Sorry it took me a while to update but school starts back up on MONDAY so that means updates will be less frequent, although they WILL still be there. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW, and I'll see you all next time. Peace out! :D