|Doomed|

She truly knew she was done for

After a tearful hugging session with her mother, who had promised her this revelation would not affect the way she was seen in her mother's eyes, Evie left the house. Not before she had had a little help to conceal everything that was. Having strapped a throwing knife to the top of her left bicep and one to her right forearm, another one resting on the top of each of her thighs only just being covered by her shorts she hid the final one down the back of her crop top. It wasn't the most comfortable thing ever but it provided her with a sense of ease and allowed her to know that if she was to run into trouble or something that she had only thought existed in her nightmares, she would be able to protect herself. The stele fit just about into her short pockets. She headed on over to meet her twin and her friends at one of the most influential night-clubs in the area, Pandemonium. 

It didn't really make sense to go clubbing on their eighteen, they couldn't legally drink for the legal age in America was 21. But she was sure the four of them would be able to have a good time nethertheless. Upon approaching the van, she saw her sister doing her thing spray painting the side of the truck. Obviously the musical duo had another episode where they had wanted to change their name. This occurred biweekly with the two not often settling on a name, they wouldn't make it far in the industry with this attitude but Evie wouldn't be the one to inform them of this. She never knew maybe they would actually make it, it wasn't like every singer out there could actually sing or make their own music so maybe they had a shot after all. 

Her sister had drawn some kind of tag on the side of the van. Evie was sure she recognised it from the brief information her mother had mentioned during their talk just half an hour prior but had no clue what it actually meant. Rather she admired it, trying to work out exactly what it meant, whilst the others tried to find as to how her sister came up with it. She was suddenly pulled from her own thoughts when her sister tore off her jacket and stormed her way over and into the club. Shooting her friends a look of disbelief she charged after her sister. Flashing the bouncer a smile and her barely existent cleavage she worked her way into the club, her mind solely focusing on trying to locate her sister. She looked for the red her that matched her own. 

By the time she had located her sister, Clary was on the dance floor. Though she wasn't dancing, but rather pushing her way through the sea of people before suddenly disappearing. Evie having to result to scanning the large crowd for an familiar signs of ginger. It would appear though that scanning the crowd wasn't her best idea as she became preoccupied with the site of another girl on the dance floor. The girl who had caught her eye, was almost as tall as Evie was though this was probably due to the platform heels she wore which made it difficult for the ginger to work out her actual height. She was in a tight white latex outfit that showed the tattoos which littered her entire body. Her skin was tanned which contrasted beautifully with the white outfit and matched her platinum blonde hair. Sure it wasn't the girl's natural colour that was simple to determine but she still looked stunning. Blonde's weren't normally Evie's style, having preferred brunettes for as long as she could remember, but this wouldn't stop her urge to pull this girl. She felt this compelling urge to go over to the other girl but was snapped from the haze like state her mind had entered when she heard her sister yell. 

That was when all hell broke lose. For people were shifting left, right and centre. And when she meant shifting, they were literally changing from what seemed to be normal ordinary human beings to creatures she couldn't even begin to physically describe. All she knew that was as they let out vicious snarls and snorts they started to approach whomever was left on the dance floor. Evie prayed she could make her way off the dance floor without bringing much suspicion yet she damned herself upon making eye contact with one of these now not-so-human beings. 

"Not my or your best idea" and with that statement, she launched the throwing knife that was attached to her left thigh directly at the being. It landed directly upon where she aimed and had hoped was the being's heart. The shifted being then began to convulse before it disintegrated into a pile of ash. Plucking her throwing knife from the pile, which she was happy to find was still in one piece. She looked up to see that about a dozen more had turned their attention onto her. It would seem that killing the being was not one of her finest ideas. Evie seemed to be full of terrible ideas at the present but chose not to dwell on it. Therefore, she turned her attention to fire her throwing knives as quickly as possible at the beings hitting each one at its intended target. 

It would seem as though the many years of mixed martial arts and training sessions she had done throughout her childhood and teen years were finally paying off. When she had finally conquered her own problems she turned to see her sister stab one of the beings and took a second to internally cheer. Another look of the area showed that it had nearly entirely been cleared of all not human beings. Evie then went to collect her discarded throwing knives not wanting to lose hold of them strapping them back to where they belonged. Whilst doing so, she noticed her sister was arguing with some blonde man. It wasn't quite proper arguing as Evie could clearly detect the flirtatious undertones after all, Clary had always had a thing for blondes. 

The twins made eye contact before heading out together, they rain in the dreary drizzle home with different narratives in their minds. Clary was desperate for confirmation that she had not just broken the law and that everything she had seen was indeed true, and Evie just wanted a warm drink and some clarity on what she had just fought against. Though the collective idea was whether they had done the right thing or not. Though to say that when walking through the living room that Evie was not alarmed, would be a lie. Just the outside had given her the heebie-jeevies and when entering the living room at first it looked normal but something was off. Something really big was off. But all Evie wanted to do in that moment was collapse the pressure of these feelings and the nerves they brought up in her was too much, it had lead to her reaching out to Clary for comfort, something she was desperate for. 

Their mother was riddled with fear, the evidence of this had significantly grown since Evie had spoken to her hours prior. And when Dot rushed in the room this almost trebled. She brought out one more thing for each of the sisters, though this time they were different. Clary was given a necklace that held a large purple gem, sure it was pretty but it was definitely not something the younger twin would wear. Therefore, she was happily surprised when what she received was different rather a golden locket on an equally golden chain. Opening it up she was greeted by a photo of the three Fray woman and the engraving 'Family only starts with blood'.

It was not long before she was shoved through a purple circling mess that had suddenly appeared in the living room and somehow ended up at the police station. Though she had landed in an ungraceful lump on the floor in the corridor. She took a moment to sit herself up and run through the events of the night. Dot had been the one to summon the purple rotating circle that she had called a portal. Thinking back to the conversation she had with her mother this allowed Evie to summarise that Dot was most likely a warlock. Which was essentially just like the wizards in Harry Potter only with better fashion taste and no waving of wands. She remained in her own little world as Clary talked to the female detective that had stumbled across the two sisters in the middle of the hallway, both looking worse for wear. It was in this moment that she overheard a conversation that she wanted so desperately to forget.

"You can have all three of them if you give up the mortal cup." Came an unfamiliar voice.

"I don't care about any of them." Was the reply of the man she viewed as her father and loved as if he was that man. And in that instant Evie didn't know who to turn to. The man she had considered a father had just turned her away and thrown her under the bus. 

Original Word count: 1187

2nd Edit June 2020 Word count: 1564