|Stash|

She wondered whether she too would be a collection so vast

Evie watched as Isabelle walked away from the group, her eyes lingering on the retreating girl's body for a little longer than they should. Her eyes raking the other girls body as she sauntered away earning Evie an eyebrow raise from her sister. Though she sent only a shrug in response, she didn't really care what Clary thought in that moment, her sister was incredibly thick to not have noticed her attraction to the fairer gender. 

Evie soon removed herself from the remaining group to search for the gravestone on her own. There was something about being in a cemetery that just freaked her out. These were the remains of people who once lived in the local area. She knew one day that her own body would be placed in a location like this one. The only question was to whether or not she would have a happy life leading up to it. Knowing her luck, this did not seem overly possible. Everything she seemed to love was being ripped away from her grasp in the most horrendous fashion. First Gret, then her mother and even her sister to some point. She saw the way her sister looked at Jace and the way he looked back at Clary. They had feelings there like legitimate feelings. It was something she missed, she missed the time she would spend with someone who she had just as strong feelings for as she did them. 

It was in times like these she found herself thinking about Gret. Though Gret wasn't actually the girls real name, Gret had hated her birth name with a burning passion and refused to be called anything but her nickname. Gret had wanted nothing to do with her fairytale origin name. They had met when both girls were 15 years old in art class of all places. Evie could remember that day so clearly after all until that moment she could not stand art class. Sure she wasn't as talented as her sister, Evie knew that, yet the school didn't seem to understand that she didn't want to be as good as her sister was. And until they understood this Evie had no actual intent to try in the class and would spend the entire hour lesson daydreaming or messing around anything other than actual work. Gret had been the new girl, having moved from California the girl was forced to start school halfway through the year. She had entered the room twenty minutes late using the excuse that she had been lost. Gret was absolutely stunning with dark brown hair that sat just below her shoulders in soft curls, with piercing green eyes that just stared right into your soul, high cheekbones and a littering of freckles across her face. Her nose formed a button shape and Gret had the prettiest shade of pink lips Evie had ever seen. Evie had spent a fair majority of her time just observing the girl having convinced herself that this was actually an angel she was seeing not a normal human. She was drawn in by this girl within moments and when Gret has chosen to take the seat beside her she thought she was going to have a heart attack in that second. The girl made her nervous but excited at the same time and it was a feeing she was going to get hooked on.

"Hey I'm Gret." "I'm Evie"

And just by thinking of the moment they first met, Evie felt herself pulled into the moment that she last saw her. The moment she lost everything she was living for. The one moment she wanted to change with everything in her and never have happen. The moment she wished she had never left or come out from. The two had been travelling in Gret's car on their way back from the cinema. Gret behind the wheel with her right hand in Evie's own they were enjoying the moments they got where they didn't have to hide their relationship from the rest of the world. Though the weather they were going through put a slight damper on the romantic feeling to the moment. It was raining, much harder than they had thought it was at first. The visibility in the Road was poor even after Gret had turned the light onto the high beam setting, it made it so hard to see what was coming towards them or the cars in front. So much so that they hadn't seen the lorry coming towards them until it was much too late. Gret had tried to manouver them so they were out of the direct path of the out of control vehicle but she had been too late for they collided almost straight on with the heavy goods vehicle. Gret hadn't made it out alive, her manoeuvre had meant that she crashed directly into the lorry yet Evie was slightly off to the side. Gret was declared dead at the scene whereas Evie hadn't been as lucky and spent a week in a coma. 

It baffled her that three weeks later she was here. But a voice snapped her out of her memories Clary's own as she announced to their group she had found the grave. Evie had stopped her searching during this time, and took a moment to herself to recompose her self before heading towards where the others had gathered. Clary had this ability to interrupt any moment Evie had and for once she wished she had not. Evie wanted to spend more time in her memories with Gret she didn't want to be in some graveyard setting herself up to go and fight vampires to save her sisters best friend. Not when she couldn't save her own. Jace opened the coffin, whilst she looked on from the sidelines. Inside there was nothing she would have expected, deep down Evie knew a very small part of her wanted there to be bones just to prove to herself this Mary did exist. But instead there was only an array of weapons many of which she couldn't even name. 

Original word count: 697

2nd Edit June 2020 word count: 1025