|Procrastination|

Ignoring the new responsibilities thrust upon her was the new ultimate goal

Evie was not going to protest if someone brought it up that she was indeed sulking. As she had locked herself away in her room just minutes after returning from the adventure where she helped saved the Brooklyn version of Hogwarts. Her only food source being the extreme amount of junk food she had smuggled into her room in the few days she had been in the institute. Currently she had laid wrapped into her duvet watching reruns of 'Friends' on the TV. Each time someone had knocked on her door she had paused the TV and gone absolutely quiet in the hopes of sending them away. So far she had been in her room for two days, barely moving from her bed in that duration. She had left the comfort of her bed once each time at obscure times in order to avoid as many people as possible. This technique had been working thus far with nobody making the effort to bother her. Evie was unsure whether this was because they were giving her some space or if they had not been aware that she was not there, unknowing to the fact that she had locked herself away in her room. 

However, the bliss she had felt during this period was interrupted. She was well into her binge watching of 'Friends' currently on Season 2 Episode 11, 'The one with the lesbian wedding', feeling a form of hope watching this episode now knowing that Gay marriage was on its way to being legalised. Hoping one day that could be her, maybe a winter wedding would be pretty. The more she thought about the possible wedding she could have in the future the more she wanted this dream to become a reality. Though during this time spent in her thoughts the pounding upon her door had not stopped. The normal trick which had been working for the last 48 hours did not seem to be working this time. 

"Evie I know you're in there. Open the door and get your butt outside." Evie let out a loud groan at the voice of her twin. She hated the fact that it was her sister who had come to get her because she knew her sister was the least likely person to budge until she got her way. Therefore, Evie convinced herself to get out of bed, wrapping her duvet around her figure, and flung the door open. Evie came to meet an angry looking Clary and it was something she just didn't want to deal with. She had kind of hoped it was her sister coming to check on her and get her out of her room yet this didn't seem like it would ever really happen. The one thing Evie wanted less than anything else in this moment was to be dragged one again into something dumb her sister was doing. She just wanted to go back to bed and back to binge watching TV.

"That stupid gay stole the necklace mum gave me. Like I saw her and everything and now its locked away my only chance to see her and it's gone. Talk to him get it back" Evie didn't know what to take more offence to of her sister's words. The gay comment, that clary had seemed to receive something from their mom that she once again hadn't or the fact that her sister wasn't there to check on her but ask her to do something for her. 

"No" Evie responded bluntly before slamming her door shut in her sister's face. She didn't care if this was rude rather basking in the satisfied feeling she got with this behaviour. 

Evie returned back to her previous position of lying on her bed under her covers, away from the rest of the world. She felt safe here, in her own little cocoon. She didn't feel as though her whole world was crashing down around her and that she was left alone to work everything out on her own. She tried so hard to fight off the thoughts regarding the obvious favouring everyone even her own mother had over her twin sister. Tried so hard but it was a thought that ran ramped in her brain. Her one desire was to be treated as an equal to her sister. As though she wasn't some abomination. Yet Evie knew, this would never happen. 

And thus, she made a decision, a decision to leave the shadow world. When her mother was returned safely she would just vanish. Adopt a new identity in a new country somewhere she could not be easily found. A new world away from whatever this was. A new world away from her perfect sister and where her only role in life was to play the family disappointment. 

Original word count: 635 words

2nd Edit June 2020 word count: 809