Chapter 5

Tyler's POV

Blending in with the shadows wasn't hard but the hair at the back of my head stood. As I searched my surroundings for anything strange. I immediately smelt it, definitely once rogue because his smell was everywhere. I couldn't hear a heartbeat meaning no one was here except from me.

I switched on the light searching everywhere for anything that was missing. There was nothing missing but something didn't feel right. Something is definitely wrong here.

I walk up the stairs were the scent is much stronger. I walk towards my dads study which seems to be where the smells more concentrated. I catch the sight of a note on the desk.

Its written in an old language of the pack. It reads:

"My dearest alpha. I know I should have met you instead of leaving this note here but I have an urgent business which just came up and I couldn't interrupt the meeting of the pack elders. My alpha you know the reason I joined your pack and you know my past completely.

I couldn't bring any form of trouble to your pack so I have decided to leave because when I went on that business trip three days ago, I got a message which read they were ready for war but its better I fight this war myself and not get any of you involved.

I know I should have told you about the threat on my return and for that I'm truly sorry but for the safety of all I will have to leave. I didn't pack much so the border patrol won't notice and there wouldn't be a raise of alarm.

-Xavier"

I quickly mind linked my dad and informed him about the letter. He hates when he doesn't know what's going on in the pack. I walked to the pack house my reason for going home before completely forgotten.

Knowing both Landon and Logan were here. It wasn't surprising to hear someone yell. I quickly speed walked to the first floor and was met with the most irritated face Logan had ever put on. It was very obvious how upset he was.

Landon looked scared and that was saying something. He was the crazy one who always somehow got himself in trouble. It was very unlike him to look scared.

"Tyler tell Logan to fuck off." He yelled turning to me. Logan's clenched his jaw hard and was glaring at me. I rose my hand in surrender meaning I wasn't going to come between them.

I gave Landon a guilty smile but he just flipped the bird at me. I watched as Logan walked slowly towards Landon and slapped him across the face making the latter spit out blood. I couldn't help but feel sympathy for Landon.

It wasn't easy having an older brother especially as they were orphans and Logan had to take responsibility for Landon at a very young age. I wasn't surprised at what Logan did and also not surprised when Landon did nothing but to storm off into his room.

"Do you know Xavier, Logan"
"The man who joined the pack a year ago?" I nodded to his suspicion. We were to know every single person in the pack. "I know him well. What is up with him."

"He left a note for my dad saying that he doesn't want to be the cause of deaths. He Left the pack." Logan looked in deep thought then a frown got plasted on his face.

"The pack is already involved, isn't it?" I nodded to him and he just sighed.

"Are you packed to leave on Saturday?" He said changing the depressing topic.

"Yeah. How about both of you?" I asked noticing that everything looked the same.

"We're done here." He said with remnants of anger deep in his voice.