Chapter 4

Ally's POV

I get into James's car annoyed and slam the door shut. I can't believe we've got to get up this early. It's fucking 6:15 am. That's inhuman.

It's because we have a fucking meeting with the fucking elders who have signed a stupid agreement not to sleep. I don't understand why they need us. They usually just make their decisions themselves.

We were already fifteen minutes late and Cole has given us about twenty five missed calls. That isn't good and James's dad won't have it, how do I know? Maybe it's because he's standing in front of the pack house. Glaring at us as we drive in.

James looks like his seen his worst nightmare and I can't do anything about it because he might just have a panic attack. I open my door to see Mr. O'Connor glaring at James and an almost robotic James walk out of the car.

"This is just awesome, I said be twenty minutes early and you're twenty minutes late, ironic."

"I was-" He starts to defend himself but he is grabbed by the shirt and pulled him towards his father.

"Where are your manners at, can't you see I'm still talking. Did I or did I not tell you to be twenty minutes early." He nodded we both know we lost this battle.

"Why are you so tardy. This will be further discoursed." He turned his back to us and walked towards the conference room.

James eyes started to water. That stung. I put my hands in his and squeezed compassionately. We both started towards the conference room. We walked in to the room to meet the steel gaze of all the elders but after they all took a look at James it all softened.

"We're sorry we're late." he whispered looking directly at the concrete wall behind my father.

"Take a seat." Mr O'Connor said harshly and I went to seat on the left of my father while my mom was on the right of him. Cole's mom sat by me his dad by her and Andrea was to the left of his dad, while Cole was to the left of Andrea. James's mom was seated by Cole. James dad on her left and James on his dad's left. We were all on the left side of the table and while on the right were elders.

Clearing his throat, alpha Seth began to talk. "My grandson and his friends are coming here for three months and I was just hoping you can help me fix up the old house. My son in law wanted me to get a permission. My daughter will also Most likely come a day or two after they move just to check on them.

Any one of their parents would come over once in awhile. So apart from that, their visits will be announced. There will be no surprise visit, the council will always be aware. My grandson dances salsa so I need the people helping with the building to put that on the third floor.

I would really appreciate James helping with a special task and any other person can help James. That's all I know about so, any questions?" He looked to the audience and gave a genuine smile. Mr O'Connor cleared his throat to get the attention. Which he did.

"Would you mind Cole handling whatever you have in mind, for the special task because James will be busy today, tomorrow and maybe next tomorrow." Alpha Seth's eyes were calculating and he finally went back to his small smile.

"Well I really thought James, Cole, Ally, Andrea and Diana would love to do it and I can't find a team like theirs but if you insist. I think I'll have to postpone the special task." I smirked knowing exactly what alpha Seth was doing.

"Well if it's as special as you put it, it must really be important so he should be there. I don't want to disrupt your plans." Mr O'Connor said with a frown on his face.

"Thank you. Now since this is done I would love for us to leave right now." Alpha Seth stood up, making everyone stand before he gestured for us to follow him. Nodded to the council and stepped out of the building.