Our Way

The next day Logan left Rory tucked up in their bed while he went out and did what he needed to do. Rory was insistent that she was feeling absolutely fine but as she had still had a sizeable bump on the back of her head, Logan wanted her to rest up and he wasn't going to take no for an answer. He'd arranged for Steph to pop in and keep her company for a while as well as helping to keep Ava occupied while he was out. He thought about taking Ava with him but didn't want her to have to witness any potential fallout.

It had been such a scary moment for him when Mitchum had come to get him out of his meeting to tell him about Rory. He had no idea what he was going to find waiting for him when he got to the hospital but the thought of losing Rory or their unborn child had absolutely terrified him. The relief to find out it wasn't anything serious was huge but it was a wake-up call - Logan was fully aware that Rory had been put under a whole lot of extra pressure recently and as far as he was concerned, it had to stop.

Logan arrived in Stars Hollow just before lunchtime and headed straight to the Dragonfly Inn to speak to Lorelai. When he walked in she was somewhat surprised to see him there.

"Logan...is everything okay? Rory...." Lorelai asked concerned. She had been planning to call the house to see how she was but didn't want to disturb her if she was resting.

"Don't worry, Rory is absolutely fine" Logan smiled "She's a completely impossible patient, but she's good. I actually just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes if possible?"

"Oh, sure," Lorelai said as she put down the folder she was carrying. "Let's sit over there shall we," she said as she pointed towards the couch. "What can I do for you Logan?"

Logan sat down on the couch opposite Lorelai. "So, I spoke to Rory when we got back last night and I the upshot is that today I am calling off the wedding."

"You are?!" Lorelai looked at Logan a little stunned at this news. Rory had been really excited about the prospect of marrying Logan, she was struggling to comprehend such a turnaround of events. "I...don't understand"

"The doctor said we needed to limit stress. Last night, Rory admitted how overwhelmed she has been feeling with all the wedding plans being made for her. She didn't want all this fuss Lorelai, you know that" Logan said.

Lorelai nodded. "But does she really want to call it off?"

Logan shook his head "No, she doesn't which is why I want to talk to you. We are going to get married still, but we're going to do it our way and to do that I am going to need your help."

"Okay, I am listening," Lorelai said, intrigued.

She listened as Logan explained to her that he knew that all that really mattered to Rory was having her friends and family around them and what he wanted more than anything was to give her the perfect day that she deserved, right there in Stars Hollow.

Lorelai smiled. She knew instinctively that was exactly what Rory would want. Sure, Rory could pull off the high society thing and even enjoy it from time to time but when it came to something this important? She would want something different from the cookie-cutter Hartford society weddings.

"I think that sounds perfect Logan. When are you thinking? Are you planning the same date?"

"No...," he said sheepishly. "We're going to be doing it in four weeks" Logan paused for reaction.

"Four weeks? Are you crazy? We can't do all this in four weeks!" Lorelai said open-mouthed.

"Come on Lorelai, where's your sense of adventure!" he smirked before he turned slightly more serious "I know it sounds soon but I also know that Rory is becoming a little self-conscious of how she will look, I think it might be part of the reason she found the dress shopping experience overwhelming. If we can pull it off in the next four weeks, she still only has a small bump and I'll let you in on a secret you right now, there's also another reason it needs to be in four weeks..."