Tis The Season

Rory stood in her kitchen far earlier than she would have liked on the following Saturday morning, desperately trying to wake herself up. She was making herself her usual coffee when she heard the knock at the door. She looked at the clock and groaned, she never normally got up this early but today was the day that Logan was collecting her and Ava for their special day out. Ava had been excited for days and had talked about nothing else, so excited to be going out with both her mommy and her daddy.

"The door is open" she yelled, "Come in!"

Logan opened the door and walked into Rory's apartment. "Where are you?" he called.

"I'm in the kitchen" she shouted back.

"Hi," he said as he poked his head around the door "You're still in your PJs?" he groaned.

"I just need like five minutes," she said with a yawn. "Coffee first. You want one?"

"Sure" Logan sat down at the breakfast bar.

Rory poured him a cup and handed it over to him. "Ava is in the living room if you want to go sit with her, she's all ready."

"Well go get yourself dressed Rory, and wrap up warm, we're going to be outside a lot today."

Rory raised an eyebrow. "You're really not going to tell me what we're doing today?"

"It's meant to be a surprise for my Gilmore girls, now where would be the fun if I told you!" he smirked.

Rory disappeared into her bedroom to get ready. She too was kind of excited about the day ahead. She hadn't wanted to show it too much or look too keen but she'd been really happy when Logan had asked her to spend the day with them.

Once Rory was dressed and ready to go, they all piled into the car and Logan drove to them over to his parent's house. He pulled up outside the big mansion and turned off the engine.

Rory turned to him. "If this is your idea of a special day out..." she joked.

"Relax Ace, this is most definitely not the surprise..." he laughed. "Come on," he said leading them around the back of the house to the helipad where the company helicopter was sitting waiting for them.

"We're going in the helicopter daddy?!" Ava squealed as she squeezed Rory's hand. "How exciting!"

"We sure are, jump in," he said to them both.

Rory shook her head "Your life is crazy" she said as she climbed up into the helicopter.

Logan looked at her and shrugged with a smile on his face. Rory had never been able to get used to the extravagances that came with being a Huntzberger, the whole millionaire lifestyle was one that she had essentially become comfortable around but underneath it all, she was still just a girl from a small town called Stars Hollow, even if her daughter was now heiress to an absolute fortune.

The helicopter took them straight to New York City. When Rory realized exactly where it was they were going, she turned to Logan. "We couldn't just use a car, you know like normal people do?"

"Normal is boring Ace. Plus it's a four hour round trip, this saves us loads of time. No time to waste sitting in traffic on the I-95." he smiled. "I have a whole itinerary planned!"

"I'm impressed at all this planning" Rory laughed. "What happened to the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants guy we know and love - Mr Spontaneity – where is he hiding?"

Logan laughed for a moment but then looked at her more seriously. "He's still here, I just wanted to make today it special that's all," he said as he leaned over and squeezed her hand.