Will You Jump

"Rory Gilmore, will you marry me?"

Rory let the words sink in for a moment. Even though she had pretty much suspected what was coming as she had read through the notes, she still felt like she was frozen in time as Logan stood in front of her, holding out this amazing ring. It was all so overwhelming. She knew that she loved his man standing in front of her more than anything in the world, apart from their daughter of course, and here he was offering himself to her, wanting to make a lifelong commitment. It was more than she had ever dreamed possible.

Logan's heart was in his mouth as he waited for Rory to respond. He stood and watched her, trying to read her face to see if he could tell what she was thinking. He knew her well enough to know that her mind would be working overtime right now. It felt like minutes had passed since he had posed the question but in reality, it was only seconds that had passed by.

Rory closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and exhaled. She needed a moment to get herself together before she tried to speak. As she slowly opened her eyes, they quickly fell on another one of the photo memories that Logan had placed around the room. This time it was a picture of a smiling Ava sitting on Lorelai's lap holding up a big sign that said: "Say YES mommy" with Lorelai giving the thumbs up and a big cheesy grin.

She couldn't help but smile at the photo, which summed up her daughter and mom perfectly. She looked at Logan who was still waiting patiently for her answer.

"Logan...Yes," she said quietly as her voice wobbled "Of course I'll marry you!"

Logan relaxed and smiled back as he felt the weight fall off his shoulders. He scooped her up in his arms. "Oh my God, I am so relieved. You do not know how nerve-wracking that was" he said as he pretended to mop his brow.

"Did you really think I'd say no?" she questioned with a smile.

"I've got to be honest, I was feeling pretty confident, but then this terrible fear started to set in! I am never doing that again!" he sighed.

"Well I should hope not!" she pouted. "Now, do I get to put that giant rock on my finger or what" she smiled.

"You are SO like your mother. Do you know how desperately she wanted to try this on but I wouldn't let her? She even tried to resort to bribery" Logan smiled.

"Good move Huntzberger. You'd have never seen it again if you'd let my mom near this, she has a penchant for the shinier things in life" Rory joked "Wow, it's pretty incredible Logan" she said as he slipped the ring onto her finger. It was breathtaking.

"I hope you like it...I've been a bit nervous about it. It's a family heirloom, it last belonged to my grandmother. I don't know how you feel about having something that isn't brand new but I mean, if you don't like it we can get a new one but..." he rambled. He was still feeling pretty nervous because he just wanted everything to be perfect for her.

"Logan, I love it" she smiled. "It's perfect"

"You'll love it, even more, when I tell you how pissed my mother is that you have got hold of it" Logan laughed.

Rory looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well, the thing is, this ring really should have gone to my mother at some point, as per family tradition, but as my grandmother was still very much alive when my parents got married it kind of skipped a generation and she left it in her will to me. My mom has wanted to get her hands on it so many times but my dad has kept it safe all these years."

Rory grimaced a little. "So you had to go to your parents to get the ring?"

Logan nodded. "Mom will be spitting feathers when she sees that on your hand."