Where The Heart Is

Rory and Logan were able to move into their new home within a couple of weeks. When they had taken Ava to show her where they had been living, she had fallen in love with it immediately. She loved all the outdoor space and the swimming pool, and the fact that there was a sturdy treehouse in the garden had completely won her over. Once they had taken possession of the keys and got most their furniture in, Rory invited her mom over to take a good look around the place.

"Oh my God Rory. This is insane. I'm pretty sure that you could fit my entire house in your kitchen" Lorelai gasped as she tried to digest the size of the mansion that Rory was now calling home.

"I don't think that's true mom," Rory said as she rolled her eyes.

"Maybe not, but wow, this really is some pad, Rory. It's like a Barbie dream house" Lorelai exclaimed.

Rory smiled. "It's definitely our dream house"

"Rolling out the Harlequin romance face again there Rory?" Lorelai sniggered. "Girl, you've got it bad..."

"Oh shut up," Rory said as she shook her head at her mom.

"Come on! Come and see my room" Ava said as she tugged on Lorelai's arm impatiently. "Daddy has had it all painted pink for me and I think it's the best room in the whole house!"

"Really? Well in the case I had better see it immediately!" Lorelai said as she was eagerly pulled along. "I'm coming, I'm coming" she sighed as Ava excitedly dragged Lorelai up the stairs.

They peeked in through Ava's bedroom door which sure enough was a bright fuchsia shade of pink. It had been the first room in the house to get any type of redecoration, mainly because Rory and Logan wanted to settle Ava into the house as quickly as possible and they knew that having her bedroom just how she wanted it would help the process no end.

"How many bedrooms Rory?!" Lorelai asked in shock as she passed door after door on the landing.

"Just six, a couple of the rooms are bathrooms or storage" Rory shrugged.

"Just the six? So casual!" Lorelai rolled her eyes. "Plenty of room for more of my gorgeous grandbabies huh" she smirked.

"That is SO not on the agenda right now!" Rory laughed.

"Hmm. We'll see about that." Lorelai said as she side-eyed her daughter. "Let me see your room, Rory. I want to see where all this baby-making is going to occur"

"Mom!" Rory squealed.

"I'm kidding! I know you and Logan will never be able to contain yourselves to just the bedroom....oww!" Lorelai squealed as Rory slapped her arm. "I just want to see your boudoir that's all as I'm presuming you'll have the best room in the house..."

Rory showed Lorelai into the master suite where she wandered around, admiring the huge walk-in closet and dressing area.

"Two bathrooms? You really need two bathrooms in your bedroom?" she shook her head. "Well, the news in, I am actually green with envy."

------

The first week of living together as a family went very well, it was a pretty smooth transition. They had just about settled into their house, though Rory found the size of it was taking some getting used to. She was really enjoying their new breakfast room and sitting out on one of the patios with her morning coffee was fast becoming one of her favorite things to do.

She and Logan seemed to be getting to grips with a new routine – after three years of co-parenting from separate homes, it was certainly a big change, to be co-existing alongside each other 24/7 but Ava seemed over-the-moon to finally have both her parents under the same roof and Rory was amazed at how quickly it had felt normal. They rubbed alongside each other so comfortably it was like they had always been together.