Chapter 5: should I?

ALLISON 'S POV

~a week later~

My brother is still in the hospital. He is in a coma. And there is a 50/50 chance that Jackson will make it.

I whipped the tears away. I've been in this room, ever since I found out the news.

Everybody knocks, but I ignore. It may seem rude, but I not ready to open up yet. They finally got it though their heads that I want to be left alone.

Mum has been in the hospital. She only calls once in a while. She sounds scared and tired. Well that's how everybody is feeling.

Liam and Harry are still here. So is Ruby. Karen cooks dinner for us and watches us when she is not working.

Why us? Please Lord, don't take him! Not yet! He hasn't felt what life is, and he hasn't lived enough. Just please not yet.

I can't hide in here. What good does that make? You can't hide from your fears. Plus Jackson wouldn't want me to hide.

Should I let someone in?

But I don't want them to worry for me. Or feel sorry.

I heard my phone ring.

Should I answer?

I walked to my dresser and picked up the phone. It was mum, scared to answer, I picked up.

"Hello sweetie, I was wondering how you were doing." Mum said.

"Mum I'm fine." That's a lie. "What about you?"

"I've been better." She sighed. "Visiting hours are open and I was wondering if you could visit. Amber already came, she's still here. Ruby stopped by. I just want to be a family again."

"Maybe.." I trailed off.

"It's hard for all of us."

"I know mum. Look I have to go, I will think about it." I said, tugging at my hair.

"Umm..good. I love you, always remember that."

"I love you too." I hung up and sighed.

Should I go?

Just to find my little bother in a hospital bed. Lifeless. Not seeing his beautiful blue eyes, starring back at hers. I don't think I can handle it.

There was a knock on the door that made me jump. I didn't move. But my heart wanted to see who cared.

How bad can it be if I let someone in?

I opened the door to find Liam.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Why?"

"So we can talk. And I don't like you up here by yourself. It scares me."

I opened the door a bit further so Liam can come in. I sat down on my bed.

"Allison, can you tell me what's on your mind?" Liam asked.

"What do you mean?" Does he really want to know what's on my mind? Sadness and fear. Fearing that I could lose my brother.

"Never mind. It's so dark in here!" Liam said and opened the curtains. I closed my eyes since they weren't adjusted yet.

"What do you do up here by yourself? It must be really boring to be alone. We tired to cheer you up..but you wouldn't let us in..." Liam trailed off.

"Nothing really. I'm sorry I didn't let you guys in, it's..just....everything that has happened don't make any sense." I sighed.

"Nothing makes sense Allison. Everything happens for a reason. We have to learn to accept it and hope for the best."

"I know Liam..it's just my mum wants me to visit Jackson. I don't think I can handle that." I said looking up at him.

He looks like he has been crying too. But what for?

"It may be hard and scary at first, but we have to overcome our fears once in a while. Plus, Jackson would be happy if your there. He may not show it but it is felt by the heart."

Liam's right.

"Look if it makes you feel any better..I can come with you..if you want me too?" Liam said.

Did he really want to go? To see my lifeless brother? Would he be able to handle it?

"Umm. Sure?"

He smiled. "Do you want to go to the mall. After we go to visit your brother..to take your mind off things?" Liam asked.

"Sure." I said. I do really need to go out.

Liam's smile got wider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! 😜 sorry it's kind of short! But I promised my friend that I would update before 7th period. (We still in school 😫)

Since today is Friday I did update, as I promised! And I got spring break so I will update over the break!

What are you guys going to do for spring break? (If you guys have spring break.)

Idk what I'm going to really do, probably hang with some friends!! 😍

So little Jackson is in a coma! 😭 poor Jackson!

I will update later! I promise! I'm sorry it's really short!

Comment!

Vote!

Love,

Samantha 💜