You Thought

Lori p.o.v(picture above)

*Knock Knock*

"Just a minute" I said.

I went to the door, .and saw some girl squared up at the door. I ran to the room, changed clothes , and went in om that hoe. She punched me in my side a few times get a but  got this bitch on her stomach. I punched her head and shoulders till my muscles started to hurt. 

Ten minutes later

I got off her and went back in the house . Jesus I'm tired. I wish somebody was recording that.  Bitch thought she had me. Well she thought wrong!

I went to the kitchen and got a ice pack and layed it on my side while I sat on the sofa. After a couple of minutes I think the adrenaline wore off because it hurt to bend. I got up and shuffled my way to the bathroom. I lifted my shirt and looked in the mirror and saw I had dark bluish purple bruises. I swear this bitch better not have broke my ribs.

I got my phone and called up Darell my bestfriend. 

"Hey hun" he said tiredly.

"Hey.  um can you take me to the hospital? "

"Why? What happened? " he said in a panic tone.

"I'll explain later"

"Alright. Be there in 20 minutes." he said before hanging up.

I grabbed a backpack just in case. I put sweat pants, a hoodie, my charger, and snacks in it. Then sat it by the door. I stood in the middle of my room and did my mental checklist.

"Lori I'm here." Darell said. As I was appeared around the corner. The look of concern and anger flashed across his face as he watched me shuffle to the door.

"Let me help" he said as he rushed to my side to help me walk. 

He got my backpack, locked the door, and helped me into his truck. Once he got in and started the truck, he turned his head and stared at me for what seemed like forever. I avoided eye contact till I got extremely uncomfortable.

"Why are you staring at me like that? "

"I'm worried about you. You're hurt. You get hurt alot actually. Whether its physically or emotionally, you stay hurt. That bothers me" he said with his eyes looking straight ahead.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down at my hands.

"Dont do that please" he said as he lifted my chin.

Tears started to run down my cheeks. Darell pulled me into a gentle hug while I cried on his shoulder. After we pulled away, he started the car and headed towards the hospital.

"Sorry about your shirt" I said lowly.

"Its okay.  Its just a shirt. Besides you're more important. " He smiled.

I looked out the window , just watching the world. How in not even a day I went from happy to stressed and aggravated. Its times like this when I wonder why am I still here? Why am I putting up with all this?  Those answers I don't know.