Chapter Two.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading and all the comments. I hope you like this chapter. Yes, I'll try and work on the few problem areas I have seen.

Please comment, give feedback. All of it is very very useful. I will work on editting this story once I finish it so please bear with some of the minor mistakes, I'll iron them out as time goes by or when I finish the story. Please bear with me.

I appreciate you taking off the time to read this story. Thank you very very much.

Plus, I am sorry if i took time getting this up been doing exams and writing this chapter in bits and pieces.

Samuel S B

***************************************************************************************************************************

"Are you sure we should do this great lady?"

I could hear them speaking from the entrance of the hut. Khanaika's old voice sounded so far but I could tell she was close by.

"Your sister would have wanted this." Khanaika's voice was hollow and distant. "Besides, that man deserves what will happen to him."

"But we are not sure what will happen."

"Look at her." The medicine woman ordered. I could feel someone staring at me. Usually I would turn and face them but I had had enough pain to last me a lifetime run through me whenever I tried to move. I heard the other woman's gasp. It can't be that bad!

"You know what to do."

"I hope the gods will forgive us."

"Oh child," Khanaika said. "Ra will bless us for this."

"I hope you're right great lady."

"When have I never been right Nubit?"

It is my beloved aunt Nubit. I recognize her name but not the voice. How long has it been since I last saw her?

"On the day of..." my aunt begun but was cut off rudely by the spirit woman.

"You will not speak of it," the spirit woman snapped. "She might be dying, but her spirit is strong. It refuses to depart this world. It clings to her weakened body like a tick clings to a cow. That is why my dear, I know this is right."

I did not know their conversation had ended until I heard the elderly spirit woman breathing in my ear. I felt her hands gently feel my wounds and winced as the sharp pain returned worse than before.

"Hush," she said placing a hand over my mouth.

I could feel the tears welling up within my eyes as it became unbearable.

"It will not be long," she soothed me. "I promise you child, it won't be long."

****

I don't know what time it is, but I can hear the old woman slowly moving me around the hut. The sound of the fire crackling in the background hurt my ears. Suddenly, a gust of sand filled wind entered Khanaika's hut. I winced in pain as the small crystals settled on my open wounds.

"I have brought it," a woman said. It was the same one that had been in the hut earlier panted. My aunt Nubit, after all these years away from the village, she had returned in my hour of need.

"Did they see you?" Khanaika asked.

"Would I be standing here?"

"Come here and help me girl," Khanaika ordered. If I had any strength, I would have laughed out loud. Still short tempered.