Old Faces

Hello fans that read this particular story,

I am really sorry that I have not been updating in a really long time. I have been super busy with the stuff that concerns my just published novel. I am sorry and I know you all feel like I have let you down, God I let myself down by not updating.

However, there things I want to change in this novel so I am starting with this chapter. I hope you can deal with the changes. I will change all previous chapters when I get a lot of time to do so.

Anyway, Ashlan is back and I hope you enjoy this new chapter. Kindly leave some comments about it and kindly vote….

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

OLD FACES

My movements are slow and calculated. I don't want my prey to know that I am watching him. It has been exactly five weeks, three days twenty hours four minutes and three seconds since I warned the two younglings away from silent Creek. It is safe to say that nothing new has happened in this little town. Lucy and Kendall keep themselves busy at the tavern while the old man believes I don't know that he is watching me. It seems the vampires warned him that I was one of them. The truth is I am happy I did not let on at how old I really am to them.

There is another of my children that also thinks I don't know about him trailing him. Even now, he is watching me. I can feel his soft movements and gentle steps as he tries to stay away from me. He believes I am younger than he is. I let a small smile touch my lips as I hear his breathing shift. He does not want me to kill my prey.

That brings me back to my present situation. Since giving in to the blood lust, I have not been able to stop my rages. Every night I kill at least four people and this night has been no different. My latest prey is a young truck driver from out of town. I saw him walk into the tavern. His large body never amazed my inner being but the elixir inside of his veins called to me. His blood was louder than all the blood in the tavern.

There was something completely different about his blood. It smells a lot different than the blood in most people. There was a hidden power in it. I stay a few feet away from him as he clumbers into his truck. He is drunk. I am sure he is going nowhere tonight. I had swiped his keys just to be sure.

I walk by the side of the truck, careful enough to be fall into his line of sight. His eyes are blood shot as he stares at me. He is thinking of adding me to the list of his many drunken rapes. I smile shyly at him and slow my pace giving him a chance to react. I push his mind gently towards what he wants to do. He smiles at me. His yellow teeth are not an attractive feature on him.

Time for a little more fun, I think. I start to weave my influence with more force into his mind. I want him to try and rape me so that I can rid the world of another evil person. At least I never break my rule. I always feed on the evil ones; never the innocent ones. I don't want this to be a clean kill. All I want is the blood in his veins. I put the idea in his mind to open the door and call me over to him. I walk to him and smile innocently.

"Who are you?" he asks. "I have been here a number of times and this is the first time I am seeing you here."

"I am new in town." I use my control of the wind to ruffle the air around us. I feel him shiver as he notices my cold touch. "It is really a new experience."