Revenge

Hey everyone,

This might turn out to be a little short but I hope that you guys like it.

Leave me a comment and please vote....

I rose from my position; letting the blood lust I had never let consume me since that fateful night when I destroyed my entire settlement millenia ago.

my vision slowly turned from the usual blaze of colors into one rich red.

I could hear them in the upper rooms. Sybilla and Edward were engaged in a playful discussion on who should take the baby out of her. they were too busy in their conversation to hear my slow approach.

''Why does she love this little creature?'' Sybilla asked.

''It must be the puny thing in her.''

''Please,'' Heather's voice was slow and weak, ''I don't know what you want. Spare my life.''

''I am afraid to tell you this sweet Heather, but we can't do that,'' Edward said.

''If we do, she will not learn the lesson we wish to teach her,'' Sybilla said.

I measured all my steps as I approached the room upstairs. I could hear the little boy's heart beating inside Heather's growing stomach. That seemed to make me angrier. I was only a few steps away from them.

''So Sybilla,'' Edward said lazily, ''what do we kill first? the child or the mother?''

''You will kill neither.'' My voice was little mmore than an animalistic growl. I stepped into the room.

Heather was cowering in the corner, her dress ripped up and her legs visible. There were scars on her skin. her beautiful face was tear stained.

Sybilla and Edward stood over her both looking bored. they turned noticing me for the first time since I entered the house.

I used one of my newest gifts to look at myself through Edward's alarmed eyes. I could not blame him. I looked really dishevelled. my hair was a tangle of dark knots and my skin was smudged with black patches from the fire. my dress was torn and charred in some places.

''You are supposed to be dead,'' Edward snarled.

''That is the error child.'' I saw the fear flit through his marble expression. ''I am not some foolish youngling that was turned a decade ago. I am the eldest.''

I charged between the two unprepared vampires forcing them to jump back. I was all that stood between them and the very pregnant Heather.

They hissed at me before launching at me together. I moved aside grabbing the back of Sybilla's head and throwing her into the wall. In an instant I pushed Edward off Heather.

I was all that stood between them and my human friend. Sybilla snarled at me as she got up. The wall where she which she had smashed into was partially destroyed, and small pieces of wood and concrete were tangled in her hair.

She lunged at me but I was too fast. I was out of her way. no sooner had I moved than I regretted it. Heather was right in front of Sybilla and Edward was flying towards me. He smashed into me and held me back. His fists clobbered my head.

Heather's scream sent a chill through my spine. I had to save her and the unborn child.

''No,'' I screamed as I pried Edward off of me. I carried him like he weighed nothing and threw him out of the window. Using my speed, I grabbed Sybilla's hair and pulled her off Heather.

The other vampire screamed as my free hand went through her shoulder. I was careful to make it painful for her. Sybilla screamed and tried to push herself away from my hand.

I sensed Edward coming. I turned round placing Sybilla between me and the brute. The force at which he was flying at me, sent all three of us through the wall into the other room.

I felt Edward's strong grip on my shoulder as he forced my hand out of Sybilla. Suddenly, I found myself screaming. Sybilla had managed to place a broken piece of wood into my leg.

The pain was like nothing else before. the wound kept trying to heal itself but the wooden particles sliced through it making me wince. Edward had my hands making it impossible for me to remove the wood and Sybilla was between me and him.

''Let her go,'' Heather said. I could taste the fear steaming off her.

''Look at this,'' Edward said. ''She dares to order us.''

''Get away from here Heather,'' I managed to say avoiding the pain.

''I won't leave you countess,'' the woman said.

''Such bravery and yet you are foolish,'' Edward said.

I felt his weight disappear leaving only Sybilla. ignoring the pain in my leg, I threw Sybilla off and run to Edward. I pulled the piece of wood out of my leg and thrust it into his back.

He let go of whatever he was holding and tried to reach for the wood. I kicked the back of his knees sending him crashing to the floor.

''Stay where you are Sybilla,'' I snarled. I was done keeping my gifts to myself. one wrong move by the other woman and I would show her who the first vampire was.

Edward writhed in pain but my love for them had been extinguished. I plunged my hand through his back, breaking all the bones and tearing the muscles until I held his heart. I pulled it out slowly and set his body on fire.

I picked up the unconcious and bleeding Heather. I walked to the hole in the wall before I turned back to Sybilla.

''You can have your council but I want nothing to do with it,'' I whispered. ''But if you ever go anywhere near this woman's descendants, I will kill you all.''

''Why?''

I left Sybilla sobbing near the charred remains of Edward. I had to find a new home for Heather and her child.

*****************************************************************************

Author's Note

I am sorry I took long and I know this is short and might to be as good but I hope you enjoy.

Please vote and comment.

I have not editted this yet so please tell me any errors you see. thank you for taking the time to read this.

Samuel S. B