Chapter 2 - First Day part 2

Author's note: Sorry for breaking the chap into 2 parts s: I hope you enjoy this chapter since its 3 am here -.-

After grabbing Niall’s shirt off the table, they left the store slightly exhausted from the day at work.  Niall was especially tired, since this was his first day, and he wasn’t quite used to working, he was more used to lounging around his apartment for the day.  Niall left 'Sunny Days' with Liam and began the short walk to the center of the mall, passing several stores along the way.  They didn't talk to each other for the brief walk but maybe that was because they were unsure of what to say.  They didn't mind the silence though, found it relaxing for a mall to be as abnormally quiet, until they realized it would be because everyone was at the food court for their dinner.  It wasn't long before they arrive at the food court.  Once they had arrived at the food court, Liam turned to Niall to ask where he might want to eat.  When he saw Niall, he didn't say anything, because the innocent Irish boy beside him simply stood there gazing at the high ceilings, and variety of food places.  The boy's blue eyes wandering over the crowd of people in lines, waiting impatiently for their food.  He was amazed, which confused Niall because it wasn't his first time here.  But what was so different this time? Niall couldn't put his hand on it so he shrugged it off and continued looking at the elaborate signs decorated with flashy lights and colors.  Liam could not bring himself to interrupt the boy's thoughts, so he simply stood in silence wondering exactly what was running Niall's mind.  After, at minimum, a minute of standing there, Niall pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked over to Liam.  When he turned his head he realized Liam was looking right at him with a smile on his face.  Most people's first thought would be 'Whats he smiling at?' However, this didn't even occur to Niall, he simply smiled back.  They looked into each others eyes in silence, admiring each others' smiles, while questioning themselves as to why they were admiring each others' smiles.  They didn't let the thought linger, instead the just put it off.  The silence was soon broken by Liam.

"First time?"

"Actually, no.  But there's something different this time.  Where do you want to go?"

"Different good or bad? and I was about to ask you the same thing"

"Definitely good, for sure.  Since I've only been here twice I can't really make a good recommendation, what's your favourite?"

"I'm a pretty big fan of Poppins' burgers, but would you like something like that?"

"Fact one about me, food, is food.  I try everything and like most anything.  I'm giving you a ninety-nine percent chance I'll love it simply because it is food."

"That’s a unique view on food," Liam chuckled before continuing, making Niall's cheek slightly blush. "But I love it! So do you want a find a table while I do the tedious task of ordering?”

“I don’t think we’ll be getting a table, so if you don’t mind I’ll stay with you?” Niall questioned.

“Of course I don’t, why would I?”

“You haven’t seen me order food……” Niall mumbled just loud enough so Liam could hear.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh, you’ll see,” Niall explained, following with an awkward laugh.