Chapter 2 - First Day part 1

Authors note: Hey guys! I wont be able to update this often but I hope you like my story! I'm still in school so I have a lot of things to do s: This is part 1 of chapter 2, and I'm hoping the rest of the chapters will be longer :)

The next few days seemed to move pretty slowly for Niall.  He would lounge around his apartment, watch television, maybe go for a walk and explore the unfamiliar city.  He kept his mobile on the loudest it could go, to ensure he wouldn’t miss a call, or text.  One day he found himself inside the mall, wandering around and getting to know the place he wished to work at.  It turns out, the food court was probably the best attraction for him (next to ‘Sunny Days’)  There was so many different kinds of food, he felt as if he was in heaven.  You see, for this Mullingar kid, food was the second most important thing to him, the first being music.  He was unafraid to try new or weird foods, and often found himself enjoying them.  His knowledge of taste and cooking practically made him a critic.  However, you could only spend so much time in a food court.  After buying himself a proper dinner, he began heading home, to finish off the third day since his interview.  He was about to exit when he once again, bumped into an innocent Liam.

“Ugh really? Not again! I’m so sorry Liam!” Niall said very quickly, after realizing who it was he had bumped into.

“Haha no no it’s okay, I really don’t mind.  At least I had nothing to drop this time,” Liam replied with a small grin

“No seriously, I’m so sorry.  I’m not usually this clumsy you know, I promise you that.”

“Honestly Niall, it’s okay. It’s not like I have a broken arm or something’”

“Okay, okay. How are you?” Niall asked, wondering to himself why he was starting a conversation with someone he had only met once before.

“Oh, I’m fine, same old same old.  I just finished my shift and was about to head home before a little crash on the way,” Liam replied, winking. “Have you gotten a call yet from Louis?”

“Oh, umm, hehe, no……”

“That lazy ass, he always does this, forgets to call people and put them out of their worry. Don’t worry I’ll force him to tomorrow when I have another shift, promise.”

“Really? That would be awesome! Thanks so much!” and before even thinking, Niall wrapped his strong arms around Liam, embracing him in a joyful hug.  Liam didn’t pull away, or even feel awkward, he returned the practically immediately, while smiling.

“Yeah, seriously, it’s no problem.  If you ask me, you’re perfect for the job, you deserve it.  Anything I can do to help is a pleasure. Also, I would like another employee like you.  Other than Louis and I, everyone who works there is either socially awkward, or too stuck up to talk to people.”

“Really? That must suck…. Thanks again though, it means a lot to me! But yeah, you can go on home now, I don’t wanna hold you up.”

“Oh no, You’re not, I have nothing better to do really.  Want to wait with me at my bus stop? It never comes on time and I would like the company..”

“Gladly, I don’t really have anything better to do too, just moved here so I don’t exactly know a lot of people or places” Niall replied, letting Liam begin to lead them to the bus stop outside the mall.

“From Ireland I assume?”

“Yeah, Mullingar to be specific, its so weird to not see my friends and family every day, but I try to call them, and I have a homey apartment so I get by pretty fine.”

“That’s great to hear,” Liam suddenly paused and stuck his arm out, stopping Niall from continuing across the road. “With this road, no matter what, you want to be careful, its hard to judge when the next car is coming” Liam explain while a car drives by, a car that might’ve hit Niall if he continued forward