20. Oh look, Ellen's in the crab hole.

“Are you crazy?” I hiss, wrapping my arms around myself, feeling as exposed as a peeled banana.

            Coda rolls his eyes at my dramatics, clearly more excited than me. “Nope.”

            I glance over the edge of the cliff again, the sheer drop into the clear ocean like a chilling bucket of water over my head. “Nope, you’re not crazy. Just suicidal.”

            Coda scoffs, quickly pulling his shirt off. There is still a faint outline of the bruise discoloring his skin but other than the few healed scrapes and cuts, he looked fine.

            …Actually, more than fine. If Edward Cullen were tanner and hotter he could pass off as Coda Williams.

            Dang you stupid Coda and you’re cute looks.

            Gawking, I quickly shift my attention. You know, in stories it’s always the same thing. Girl looks away from hot shirtless guy. Every time. Well I guess if you actually think about it, if I kept staring it would only give Coda another reason to tease me and another reason to have even a bigger head.

            “Do I have to push you in?” Coda asks me, borderline threatening.

            Snapping my gaze back to him, I plant my hands on my hips. “Excuse me!?”

            “You heard me,” he says, thoroughly amused. “I didn’t come here for nothing.”

            I gape at him, my mouth flapping open in the summer breeze. “Y-You didn’t come here for nothing! Of course you didn’t! I hired you! -“

            “Oh for the love of goodness, I can’t take this, you wimp,” Coda groans in exhasperation.

            I watch in horror, completely flabbergasted as Coda literally takes a few running steps to leap off the cliff.

            In the next second that he’s out of my sight, the only remnant of him being alive is the enthusiastic ‘Whoooo’ I hear. I let out a piercing scream.

            That idiot would rather die than listen to me.

            Running over to the edge of the cliff, I peer down, scanning for Coda’s bloody remain.

            Great, now how will I explain this?

            “C-Coda?” I call out, trembling. Fear seizes my heart, pounding hard.

            When I see a messy, dark mop of hair bob out of the water, I exhale.

            “Are you coming in now?” he calls up.

            I blink, still shaking. “Are you stupid!” I shriek, stomping my foot. “I thought you died! Do you even know how scary that was for me?”

            I can’t hear him chuckle but I swear I can see his shoulders shaking in laughter.

            Waiting for him to climb back up the  small cliff, I cautiously step back a few steps.

            When Coda opted to ‘sight see’ the small town, I only said yes because 1) what would I do in a house full of crazy people? and 2) I thought sight seeing meant getting ice-cream and walking the board walk.

            “You’re a wimp, Reed and you know it,” Coda yells, taunting me.

            Exhaling a shaky laugh of disbelief, I cross my arms, adamant on not budging.