26. Introductions

Zara Costanza

It's been a week since Tom and I did the photoshoot. We began to spend a lot more time with each other. I'd either be in his hotel room, or he'd be in mine. I genuinely enjoy his company and I absolutely adore him. He's so thoughtful and kind, and so far, this relationship feels so natural and easy. I honestly couldn't be happier in this moment.

Both of us were sitting in his bed, debating on when we should start to tell people about our relationship. It's been a secret so far, and we've been sneaking around so much. It's kind of fun, but also I've been dying to tell the girls. 

 Together, we decided that it would be better to not tell anyone about it for now, just because we wanted to see how things would unfold between us and see how official we were; essentially, we both wanted to test whether or not the other would change their mind about having a relationship together. Once we start telling people, it wouldn't be a surprise to us if someone had slipped up to the press. Because once the press knows, the whole world does too. 

However, as expected, over the past week, my feelings haven't changed for him. It's all been like a dream, he's my best friend and more. My main concern is that if somehow, it got out to the press before our family and friends, a lot of the people that we know would be angry. 

I put my head on Tom's chest while his head was propped against the bed frame. "How much longer do you think that we should keep this a secret?" He asked while playing with my hair.

"How much longer do you think that you can keep it a secret?" I said, in a sassy tone. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out of it. I began to laugh. "I mean, don't they call you 'spoiler-man' for a reason?"

Tom smiled and began to chuckle. "Whatever..."

"I'm actually surprised that you haven't managed to tell a single soul about our relationship," I said.

"Well, to be fair, my girlfriend and I have decided not to, so I have to stick to my word. "

It still sounds weird to me to hear him calling me his 'girlfriend'. However, I like the sound of it, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

"Back to your question, do you think that we should tell people now? I mean at least our families and our friends. Maybe not the media just yet. But I mean, our parents deserve to know at least, and so do your brothers. Besides, I know that your inner spoiler-man really wants to spill the beans."

"Oi! I'm not that desperate for the world to know about our relationship! I like keeping it a secret, actually."

"Is that right? So you're okay with not telling Harrison, Tony, or Jacob, or your mother about our relationship? Are you asking for a slow and painful death?" I said, in a sarcastic and dramatic tone.

He rolled his eyes and then gave in. "I suppose, you're right. I have been wanting to tell Harrison. He's really been emphasizing the word Colland, lately... besides, my mum would kill me if I hid my relationship with you for more than a few weeks... perhaps I'll call my family tonight."

"I'll call mine too. Do we want to tell our friends about Colland in person or text? I personally think that doing it in person would be better, but we won't have the whole group together. If Zendaya or Laura found out after Harrison, they would literally kill me... so maybe text would be better. I mean, I don't think that we all see each other as a group for a couple more weeks... and I'm dying to tell Laura and Zendaya," I added.

"As much as I'd like to do it in person, maybe text is better. I mean, it's going to be a really long while until the next time we're all together. Besides, they are all in the group chat, so they will all get to know at the same time. I mean, it's going to be really hard to hide it from them, anyway, so the sooner they know, the better. Let's do it now!"