7. Clouded Judgement

Zara Costanza

Zendaya and I were the last two people shooting. The majority of the cast had already left. We were just getting dressed to go to Tom's house for some surprise that they had planned for my birthday. 

"So, what exactly is this 'surprise'?" I asked, hoping to get some kind of answer.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see," said Zendaya with a smirk on her face.

Together, we got into a car and were driven to Tom's house.

When we got there, there were cars parked everywhere.

"It's a bloody party!" I exclaimed, happily. I smiled and thanked our driver.

She nodded, "Well, you'll have to wait to get inside to have the full experience. You didn't think that we'd do nothing on your 20th, did you?"

I could feel the excitement in my body beginning to arise, "I didn't expect you to throw me a huge party, that's for sure."

"It's your 20th Zara. I hope you know that we all love you," she began to chuckle.

"Aww, I actually have no idea what I did to serve you all. I love you guys!" I said eagerly as we left the car. 

From the outside, it was dead silent. If there weren't so many cars, I would've guessed that it was just Tom in his house.

My heart was pounding as Zendaya and I stood at the doorstep. I usually get scared easily so I was a little worried. 

The door swung open and a group of people yelled, "SURPRISE!"

I screamed in fear (even though I expected it), and then began to relax. The lights were then turned on and I could see most of the crew, stylists, makeup artists, and some of the cast who all popped out.

I began to laugh and began to get hugged by multiple people.

Everyone laughed at my reaction and I was showered with hugs for the next 10 minutes. Loud music began to play as I got settled into the house. I hadn't noticed earlier, but there were drinks and two setups of beer pong. 

People were scattered: some were in the pool meanwhile others were lounging by the drinks. In fact, I had actually lost Zendaya who was with me earlier.

Someone had tossed their arm around me, I turned to see who it was, Harrison. "Happy birthday, Zar, hope you enjoy the party!"

"Thanks, Harrison, thank you for setting this all up!" I hugged Harrison and pecked his cheek in a friendly way.

Tom also joined in, "Hope you like the party, love."

I smiled, "Thank you!" I stretched my arms out and embraced Tom with a hug.

"Do you want a drink?" Harrison asked.

I wasn't much of a drinker because, by consuming one beer, I would be tipsy. But then again, I was now 20, so I decided to cut myself some slack.

"Yes, please! I'll have a beer," I answered, yelling over the loud music.

"I'll have one too," Tom added. "Woah! Wait! Are you breaking the law, Zara?" He asked in a very dramatic tone.

"What! No!  I'm not the DD today... why?" I asked, utterly perplexed at what Tom was trying to get at.

"21's the legal drinking age in America," he said matter-of-factly.

"No-no! You're kidding, right? In Canada, it's 19! Shit I can't do... not here at least," I said, a little bit bummed. My main fear was being caught by the paparazzi. It really only takes one video to ruin someone's career nowadays.